Why is smiley code getting indexed? (mrgreen)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yme

Why is smiley code getting indexed? (mrgreen)

Post by yme »

I noticed that smiley code like mrgreen is inserted into the table `bb_search_wordlist` while other bbcode like the quotes gets erased before the post is indexed.

Wouldn't it make sense to parse out the smileys as well before indexing a post? Even though the size of `bb_search_wordlist` wouldn't increase much, `bb_search_wordmatch` certainly would with every post.

ChaosBringer

Re: Why is smiley code getting indexed? (mrgreen)

Post by ChaosBringer »

Shush! my yeast is rising... oO

dont u understand the concept of CVS?

yme

Post by yme »

Then bake bred with it.

I searched these forums but didn't find anything, that's why I posted this question.

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

Well, since phpBB3 is still in development, perhaps it's because the dev's haven't gotten around to that yet. Sort of like all the missing lang tags and so forth. Give it time. If it's still done like that once this board hit's the Release Candidate stage, then question why.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

its fairly simple to fix, you get the smilie data from the cache, find what codes are used and refuse to allow them in. A regex would do no good because it would be too general.