templates

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
smardy

templates

Post by smardy »

do you think that 3.0 will be harder to skin (make templates for)?

stubbers

Re: templates

Post by stubbers »

According to the devs so far it looks as though the templating system in 3.0 will be far more user freindly! Hope that answers your question

Glyde

Post by Glyde »

If I can make PHPBB3 look like my site, I would be sooo happy...

Anyways, PHPBB is probably going to be THE best BB system out. I just hope it stays free...

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I have absolutely no status in the phpBB community (perhaps even negative, if that's possible ;) ), but I can assure you that phpBB 3.0 Olympus will be free. How can I assure this? Because the GPL makes it insane to do anything different. If phpBB Group decided tomorrow to take Olympus to the proprietary "phpBB License" and charge US$170, I could take today's code and patch it up and release it (under a different name).
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Sidha

Post by Sidha »

so far... with the buggy system and all ;) (the template system still needs some work) it's a breeze

no more tpl files, but plain html, which makes it easier for wysiwyg editors
but if you don't know CSS-2 then start learning, although it's very self-explaining. NIce features, nice tools... now lets see what they come up with in the final release, the new style seems to be pretty something :D
-- this space for rent --

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

smardy wrote: do you think that 3.0 will be harder to skin (make templates for)?
I think its the same as with the current system.
As soon as you know how it works its as easy as writing any avarage html page.

I also like the idea that you can create "gradients" in your topic/forum rows.
would be cool to see the topic row as a gradient from 1 color to the other.
DoubleJ - Blah