Media Players

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
thetribe

Re: Media Players

Post by thetribe »

Natan wrote: I personally use QCD, which plays every single file type I'll ever need. I love it, and doubt I'll ever trade it for anything else.
You reading my mind? 8O 8O

Yes QCD all the way here too :)

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

q3utom wrote: Windows Media Player!!! Its amazing it then tells me on Windows Msn Messenger what I am listening to! !!! !! !! 1111 !! 1!1 :mrgreen:
Same on iTunes. :P
Rob

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

q3utom wrote: Windows Media Player!!! Its amazing it then tells me on Windows Msn Messenger what I am listening to! !!! !! !! 1111 !! 1!1 :mrgreen:
*pukes

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Yes, good.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Martin Blank wrote:
the_dan wrote: iTunes can now *beep* off.
Everytime I start it, my fileserver (with all my MP3's on) starts going crazy for no explainable reason at all.
It's re-examining the library to see if there have been any changes to it. There's a way to turn that off.
Thanks for that :)
iTunes is now back in use :D

After I saw the activity light being on consistantly, I got very worried about hackers etc (especially since I don't have a clue with regards to securing a linux box), ad immediately pulled the plug on my switch, which stopped it, since the iTunes computer and the server are connected though it. It was only after I plugged it back in, it continued, and I closed iTunes and it stopped that I realised :lol:

MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

I use Quintessential Player on my Win98 box (one of the best media players ever IMHO), and iTunes/MusicMatch on my XP box (the one I'm using now).

For those who use iTunes, try out JHymn to rid your purchased songs of the accursed thing that is DRM.
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

thetribe

Post by thetribe »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: I use Quintessential Player on my Win98 box (one of the best media players ever IMHO), and iTunes/MusicMatch on my XP box (the one I'm using now).
I'm interested to know why QCD on '98 but not on XP?

MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

It has nothing to do with the operating system version, but just needs.

iTunes already works perfectly on my XP computer, and I use it to buy and sync music with my iPod mini. Occasionally, I use MusicMatch. I haven't installed QCD on this XP computer because iTunes already gets the job done for me, and already supports the AMIP Dynamic Sig. I just haven't seen any need to install QCD yet, seeing as how many media players I already have installed. (Creative MediaSource, iTunes, MusicMatch, QuickTime, RealPlayer, and WMP; these are the ones that are installed, but I don't use all of them. Most of them came with various other hardware drivers and the like.)
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

olger901

Post by olger901 »

Been using QCD for about a year now, and I must say I really like it :)
-

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

MusicMatch mostly, but we use WinAmp because it is a little better for app compatibility with some online games (other in-game sound/music)....