Awaiting in silence

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
q3utom

Re: Awaiting in silence

Post by q3utom »

2 years really isn't that long for a piece of software like this though.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Especially when you consider that the developers receive no sustenance from this.

Listen, we all may feel a little upset about the slow state of affairs. But you are free fork the project if you believe that you can accelerate it, or indeed switch to an alternative solution.
Rob

alexro

Post by alexro »

Listen, we all may feel a little upset about the slow state of affairs.
In fact I'm quite happy now because of this slow development. I am now a reseller for my country of one of paid forums and I must thank the developers of phpBB that they let me make some money this way. My business will be less successfull if Olympus was released until now. So, I might be the only one who is happy with this situation :mrgreen:
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Hmm... this thread said it had a new post, but I didn't see any when I clicked it.

EDIT: BAH! :lol: God bless that "Foe" feature.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Indeed :D
Rob

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Virtuality wrote:
JPortal wrote: ...
Then switch to SMF instead of coming here whining.
No, you don't get my point. I don't WANT to switch to SMF. I love phpBB, but it's going to end up that I have to just because the development is so slow.

It's amazing how hostile the phpBB community is to suggestions.

I was merely suggesting Paul and the other developers should try to speed it up. They themselves know it's going slow and it doesn't have to be that way. I'm not saying they should quit their day jobs, I'm saying maybe they should expand the development team so more people can work on it. I also understand why Paul is hesitant to expand the team, but it's getting to the point that the forum is basically un-usable to many people, such as me.

I don't know why I even bother, some hothead is just going to respond again and call me an idiot. :roll:

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

JPortal wrote: I don't know why I even bother, some hothead is just going to respond again and call me an idiot. :roll:
You're an idiot :mrgreen:

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I just knew some "hothead" would call him that ;)

** awaiting patiently, in silence, for 3.0 beta to come out on the 15th or maybe later ;) **
Last edited by cyberCrank on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlatFats

Post by SlatFats »

Virtuality wrote: Then switch to SMF instead of coming here whining.

That would be a horrible idea. I downloaded SMF and installed it...OMG! Slow!

Do yourselves a favor...be happy with what the phpBB team has already given you with 2.0.x...and be patient with the next versions release.

They completely re-did everything. They wanted to get it right from the start. And remember, IPB and VB charge you...SMF is slow...and nothing really compares to phpBB.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Guys, enough. This is not the place to attack either other software or each other. If you carry on, I'll lock the thread. I'm not sure it's really going anywhere anyway.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!