Olympus when will be out?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SolarFX

Re: Olympus when will be out?

Post by SolarFX »

shushu wrote: Pay them?! 8O
A free soft... Devs do this jus because they love this. Not for money.
We have to say big THANKS!
I've got a word document with exactly 1 million lines of "Thank you!!!" It's 61mb and over 23,000 pages long. :lol: I'm waiting for the release day to send them the supprise... D'OH! It's not a supprise anymore! :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

SolarFX wrote: shushu wrote:
Pay them?!

I've got a word document with exactly 1 million lines of "Thank you!!!" It's 61mb and over 23,000 pages long. I'm waiting for the release day to send them the supprise... D'OH! It's not a supprise anymore!
Now press ctrl+a then ctrl+c and then press ctrl+v and hold down that last one and see how long your computer lasts :lol:

profpete

Post by profpete »

Probably longer than when I try to open my digital tv dumps* in a text editor :roll:

* MPEG2 broadcast streams are a few gigs an hour, and sometimes I record a few hours at a time 8O

The Nux

Post by The Nux »

phpBB release date... eternal question...
I think it will be released a week-end, maybe tomorow, who knows...
But in all cases it will be a great day (night for me :mrgreen: )

and THANKS to the dev team :)

DarkCow

Post by DarkCow »

SolarFX wrote:
shushu wrote: Pay them?! 8O
I've got a word document with exactly 1 million lines of "Thank you!!!" It's 61mb and over 23,000 pages long. :lol: I'm waiting for the release day to send them the supprise... D'OH! It's not a supprise anymore! :lol:
Can I ask why it's in a word document? Surely it would be smaller and cleaner in a simple text file? Also it would be more compatible with *nix systems. Kind of reminds me of when people paste a picture into a word doc (all on it's own), then email it to themselves.

Nice idea though, good luck uploading it to them :-)
140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115
DarkCow

Megahalo

Post by Megahalo »

I just want them to finish around the next month or so. I have been waiting for this version for SO long.

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Megahalo wrote: I just want them to finish around the next month or so. I have been waiting for this version for SO long.
I hope for a beta within the next month, but I don't know. And defeniatley not final release.
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

Megahalo

Post by Megahalo »

Well a beta is good enough as long as it does not have as many bugs as it has in the CVS. When I installed it on my site the normal login didn't work so I closed the site.

kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

I've got a word document with exactly 1 million lines of "Thank you!!!" It's 61mb and over 23,000 pages long. I'm waiting for the release day to send them the supprise... D'OH! It's not a supprise anymore!
Dear christ. Glad I'm not a developer.. I dunno if that's a thank you or the fast track to their s#$% list... but to each his own I suppose..

Please don't ever thank me. I don't do anything to warrant it anyways, I just want to cover my bases in case I ever do something cool...

SFG

baltzar

Post by baltzar »

it will be released this year. ;)