... Bug hunt... hard?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SolarFX

... Bug hunt... hard?

Post by SolarFX »

Yeah, that's right, I'm having a hard time finding bugs in the CVS. Found a few, but seriously... not to get anyone's hopes up, but I really think it's almost there. I've only been fooling around with it for a coupel hours, but it's a lot different than my last CVS- though no changes were commited (according to the tracker). Then again SF is having problems lately...

I've got two copies, the older one is naught but a week and a half old, the newer one, today... really different when it comes to bugs, but no changes committed... anyone else notice this?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

stubbers

Re: ... Bug hunt... hard?

Post by stubbers »

I just might check that now that you say that. An interesting revalation (I sense the conspiracy theorists on their way already :lol: ). But yeah i have noticed that the Area 51 forum seems to be working very well. I wouldn't find it hard to beleive that there have been commits as the devs wouldn't usually leave us hanging for this long without a commit.

Interesting... I sense thoughts coming on... But don't read into it too much people this kind of thing has happened before

saltydx

Post by saltydx »

I've been messing with the snapshot today and it seems to be working pretty well for me. I know it's not ready but this snapshot is an encouraging sign.

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

It does feel a lot more polished but there are probably bits that we have overlooked or not realised still need to be tweaked with. But soon ;) *crosses fingers*

3000dark

Post by 3000dark »

there r about five or six bugs that iv found some are just a pain there nothing to big.
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in phpbb3/adm/index.php on line 160 an error if any 1 can tell me how to fix it in the phpbb3 code pm me

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

My bug is still there... adding new profile fields. Can anybody get past the 2nd screen or do you all see the "Field name can only contain lowercase a-z and _" ?

Im sure eventually one of the devs will stumble accross it :mrgreen:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Nuttyguy

Post by Nuttyguy »

BioALIEN - thats the one bug that really bothers me as well.... ive noticed if it is only one letter, it will work......

strange... I was hoping it was fixed in this snapshot. Oh well, hopefully soon, Id love to play with it more....

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Grrr you just managed to post before me.. i was about to say that too! I put "a" and it worked!

Hmm it doesnt have what i was looking for. No way of adding tick boxes or multiple radio buttons. I guess the devs reached a difficulty in the validation, its not easy for those types and doesnt fit into their concept i guess. :| I was relying on them so much... noooooo :(
BioALIEN
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

BioALIEN wrote: Grrr you just managed to post before me.. i was about to say that too! I put "a" and it worked!

Hmm it doesnt have what i was looking for. No way of adding tick boxes or multiple radio buttons. I guess the devs reached a difficulty in the validation, its not easy for those types and doesnt fit into their concept i guess. :| I was relying on them so much... noooooo :(
checkboxes as well as radio buttons are possible.

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Thanks for clearing that up Acyd Burn, will they (multiple checkboxes and radios) be included in the final distro? Unless somebody up there in the CVS department feels kind enough to gift us something 8)
BioALIEN