Smilies

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Smilies

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Yes, the option to limit emoticons is in phpBB "Olympus"
A_Jelly_Doughnut

shushu

Post by shushu »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote: Yes, the option to limit emoticons is in phpBB "Olympus"
Thanks!
Any idea about such an option in 2.0.13?
I asked this question in the support forum at phpbb.com but no answer at all :(

And I really need this feature.
In "Olympus" is OK, but the first beta will be released in... No one knows when. It can be after an year.

Until then my 2.0.13 needs this option because sometimes I have 10 posts for a night full of big emotes :(
So the "Olympus" sounds good but it is still a "dream"... It is 2.0.13 in the real world ;)
We are usind it, so we have to manage it :)

Any help?

Graham

Post by Graham »

Asking in the MOD Request forum is probably a better bet than the Support forum ;)

But it's definitely already present in this particular codebase because I hit the limit when doing something earlier today :D
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

shushu

Post by shushu »

Graham wrote: Asking in the MOD Request forum is probably a better bet than the Support forum ;)

But it's definitely already present in this particular codebase because I hit the limit when doing something earlier today :D
Thanks!
I will try there...
I hope I'll find a solution. For my 2.0.13...
Or I hope I will see the "dream" Beta 1 of Olympus soon ;)
Both ways will be OK for me :D

Natan

Post by Natan »

You seem to be using quite a few smilies yourself! Maybe that's why your users also use so many?
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

The Cheat

Post by The Cheat »

If I knew what was happaning behind the scenes, I could probably make a mod....

...but I don't want to have to go through all that coding :(

And about your teenager problem....I usually get that problem with tweens. I see teenagers are just too lazy to put in a smily O.o (I'm also a teenager and I've put more smilies in this post than any other)

Natan

Post by Natan »

I just found the solution to my problem:
Smiley Xtra Firefox Extension - literally TONS of smilies with the click of a button Image

Edit: fixed link
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Vire

Post by Vire »

Come on! These are the BEST smileys ever!!! Better than iPB and MSN and AIM and gagagagal *dies*

Point is, stop whining, you could've been stuck with those horribly huge iPB smileys.

SamG

Post by SamG »

I actually always enjoyed the IPB smilies. Some of this, obviously, is down to personal taste. :)
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood