Code Question

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Michaelo

Code Question

Post by Michaelo »

If anyone is familiar with the new code in relation to determining view/access rights to a forums/post could they point me in the right direction? I am assuming the authentication code is new… Is there a single function to determine if the current user can access/view a thread/forum?

Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

Graham

Re: Code Question

Post by Graham »

Yes there is a single function (or more accurately method) to do it.

However, at this point in time, there is no support for this version of phpBB and that includes for things like this. If you can't figure it out from the code, it's probably best to leave it until later when there should be some form of instruction available on how to do this
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

APTX

Post by APTX »

You can read something about auth. It's in the CVS /docs folder.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

First off thanks for replying.

No doubt I can figure it out I’ve been writing code for twenty years. Of course that only indicated I’m experienced not necessarily clever ;)

I asked the question on the chance that someone might have some insight or as in the case of APTX some direction or suggestions. (Thanks APTX)

Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika