Some questions about PHPbb next releases

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
PUOJACKZ

Some questions about PHPbb next releases

Post by PUOJACKZ »

I have just seen the last snapshot of PHPbb 2.1 (3.0), and i have notice that all the areas are active. So I think that there's only few time that spare the alpha state from the first beta (If everything work, there's no reason to not start beta tests I suppose).
But the questions are others. I have seen a lot of feature requests in the related area on SourceForge, and, I think, more than one would known if that options/features and so on, will be available, on the default BBS. So, now the feature tracker board is harvesting ideas about the future major release of PHPbb, but, it will be 3.1 (2.1 is a devel mark no longer used), 3.2, 4.0 or whatelse?
Now, beta testing cycle is not still opened, but, when the 3.0 reach the gold status, when the PHPbb community could see the official implementation of the next major features (probably Warning System, Enhanced Karma System etc..)?
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening

Natan

Re: Some questions about PHPbb next releases

Post by Natan »

Most probably, with MOD's that are more than likely to be written :)
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Martin Blank

Re: Some questions about PHPbb next releases

Post by Martin Blank »

PUOJACKZ wrote: So, now the feature tracker board is harvesting ideas about the future major release of PHPbb, but, it will be 3.1 (2.1 is a devel mark no longer used), 3.2, 4.0 or whatelse?
The next
development
version will be 3.1, leading to a 3.2 release version.
Now, beta testing cycle is not still opened, but, when the 3.0 reach the gold status, when the PHPbb community could see the official implementation of the next major features (probably Warning System, Enhanced Karma System etc..)?
Once development on the current version is complete, they'll turn their eyes towards selecting features for 3.2. First on the list of features for 3.2 will probably be some of the features that got dropped from 3.0, and possibly some of the features requested on the Sourceforge pages. After that, they'll start figuring out what kinds of features would be usable for 3.4 and forward, and which ones simply won't be considered.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.