Bug in these (area51) forums!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Aldenhier

Bug in these (area51) forums!

Post by Aldenhier »

When you go to the following link (which is supposed to send you to the "phpBB related category", you get an error. The link and the error is shown below:

Link: viewforum.php?f=2" target="_blank

Error:
[quote=Error on these forums]
SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND t.topic_type NOT IN (2, 3) AND t.topic_approved = 1

CALLING PAGE

/phpBB/viewforum.php&f=2

SQL

SELECT t.* , tt.mark_type, tt.mark_time FROM (phpbb_topics t LEFT JOIN phpbb_topics_marking tt ON (tt.topic_id = t.topic_id AND tt.user_id = 17772)) WHERE t.forum_id IN () AND t.topic_type NOT IN (2, 3) AND t.topic_approved = 1 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 10
[/quote]

Natan

Re: Bug in these (area51) forums!

Post by Natan »

Forum Rules wrote: Discussion of general topics related to the new release and it's place in the world. Don't discuss new features,
report bugs
, ask for support, etc. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
This is a development board after all.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Geez, I wonder when people will finally get it that this board is not even in beta yet and that it's only normal that there are bugs in it?

White Dust

Post by White Dust »

I think that he means that it isn't a bug in the forum software itself but in this forum installation (forum install of area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/).
With a fresh install of de cvs it isn't there

(and when will people learn to let the moderators do the modding, all these damned wannabe mod replys...)
Sing what you can't say, forget what you can't play.
Hasten to drown into beautiful eyes
Walk within my poetry, this dying music
- My loveletter to nobody
* Nightwish: Dead Boy's Poem

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

White Dust wrote: I think that he means that it isn't a bug in the forum software itself but in this forum installation (forum install of area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/).
With a fresh install of de cvs it isn't there

(and when will people learn to let the moderators do the modding, all these damned wannabe mod replys...)
It still says 'No Bug Reports'.

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

But it would make more sense that the official dev forums would be pretty much up-to-date, for instance, upgrade to the newest CVS every, say, two days.

Then, it wouldn't have these problems!

-Aldenhier

Graham

Post by Graham »

Indeed, it is the job of the teams to moderate the forums, not that of the users, and I for one am starting to get ever so slightly annoyed with the number of people who seem to think it is acceptable to jump over people for posting something.

Leave the moderators to do the moderating. If you don't think that something should be here, ignore it rather than replying and bumping it upwards.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!