release date.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
WyriHaximus

Re: release date.

Post by WyriHaximus »

the_dan wrote:
WyriHaximus wrote:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=256072 wrote: So to reiterate very clearly, the next major release of phpBB, now 3.0.0 "Olympus" is still en-route. We are very unlikely to hit the initial window for the beta release. I would anticipate instead a late-Feb/early-March release.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=256072" target="_blank ;).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
That was then - Before some tvot took down the server for a week. I'm not holding my breath for that timeframe, although it would be a very nice suprise :D

Dan
Yeah I know problebly early/middle march then :).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Better run, i sense a moderator approaching with well justified unhappiness

WyriHaximus

Post by WyriHaximus »

/me runs for his live

Lets al just brave wait till 3.0 comes out :). It;s no use keep asking when it will be released case they won't tell :). So they won't have to rush to make the releasedate. (Rushing will most of the time lead to unsaf and unfinished producst.) Wich I totaly agree with :D.

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

timsweb

Post by timsweb »

yeah, also just noticed this on top of this forum:
Forum Rules

Discussion of general topics related to the new release and it's place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Notice this part:

Discussion of general topics related to the new release and it's place in the world.
So bascially this forum is for asking for the release date, lol :D

Tim

SnowManrcd

Post by SnowManrcd »

lol, I've been waiting. cant wait much longer but then agian guess I have to anyway we are expecting early march as of now corect? thats just for the beta though I don't think I plan to upgrade till the stable version.

Cloudane

Post by Cloudane »

Bahahaha! Release in Feb/March... that's a classic :lol:
WyriHaximus wrote:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=256072 wrote: So to reiterate very clearly, the next major release of phpBB, now 3.0.0 "Olympus" is still en-route. We are very unlikely to hit the initial window for the beta release. I would anticipate instead a late-Feb/early-March release.
Note he didn't say which *year* ths Feb/March would be. Nothing to see here, move along, go back to sleep :)

WyriHaximus

Post by WyriHaximus »

Cloudane wrote: Bahahaha! Release in Feb/March... that's a classic :lol:
WyriHaximus wrote:
Note he didn't say which *year* ths Feb/March would be. Nothing to see here, move along, go back to sleep :)
what do you think then 2010 :P ifso don't think this board would run a prebeta now ;).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

I think they're gonna make a big announcement saying it's released on April 1st... ;)

Natan

Post by Natan »

rossmcclymont wrote: I think they're gonna make a big announcement saying it's released on April 1st... ;)
That was my guess on NeoThermic's Guess the Date pool :D
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

APTX

Post by APTX »

And on april the 1st:
"This is NOT a joke! We are really releasing it" - no body will believe anyway... I didn't see any new checkins this week...
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!