Upgrading from 2.10 to Olympus

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Shanana

Upgrading from 2.10 to Olympus

Post by Shanana »

We will be able to do that without any problems or is it just 2.11 only?

Thanks!

JPortal

Re: Upgrading from 2.10 to Olympus

Post by JPortal »

2.0.11, not 2.11. And yes, it should work since the DB structure didn't change between the versions.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

The official stance is that only the newest stable release will be supported (however, 2.0.10 will more than likely work). However, if you are running 2.0.10, you most DEFINITELY need to upgrade to 2.0.11 to fix a VERY severe exploit.

Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Thing is, my board isn't even open to the public yet, meaning no one knows about it because it's not finished. I have other things I need to get done with my site, so I doubt I'll be finishing it anytime soon. It just makes more sense to me to upgrade straight from there to Olympus, because I'll more than likely be working on the board again by the time they release it.

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

Shanana wrote: Thing is, my board isn't even open to the public yet, meaning no one knows about it because it's not finished. I have other things I need to get done with my site, so I doubt I'll be finishing it anytime soon. It just makes more sense to me to upgrade straight from there to Olympus, because I'll more than likely be working on the board again by the time they release it.
thats up to you. but its for your own boards safety to simply say it

Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

so...how do you upgrade? from 1.0.10 to Olympus?...is it free?...or how do you upgrade from 1.0.10 to 1.0.11?

Mtthz

Post by Mtthz »

Unforgiven wrote: so...how do you upgrade? from 1.0.10 to Olympus?...is it free?...or how do you upgrade from 1.0.10 to 1.0.11?
I think you mean 2.0.10 and 2.0.11 :D
To 0wn or not to 0wn...

Graham

Post by Graham »

From 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 you can upgrade using the instructions found at the top of the 2.0.x support forum

From 2.0.11 to Olympus - at this time, you can't. At some point during the Beta process, an upgrade script will be made available for use - and yes it will be free like the rest of the software
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

alastor2602

Post by alastor2602 »

it seems very interesting this project 8) ;)
good work

PUOJACKZ

Post by PUOJACKZ »

But Olympus is now in beta status or still in alpha?
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening