phpBB 3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Jeimuzu

phpBB 3?

Post by Jeimuzu »

When does phpBB 3 come out?
Because I like just installed 2 on my site.

William R

Re: phpBB 3?

Post by William R »

As the developer has not set a release date, he/she mentioned that beta 1 should be released late febuary early march. It will work in a cycle. It then goes beta 2, then beta 3, then the official release to my knowledge. There will also be a new template/theme to the "official" release so you wont see the new theme in the beta versions.

Its OK if you just installed version 2.0.x because there will be an update script, or did you install the CVS?

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

William R wrote: As the developer has not set a release date, he/she mentioned that beta 1 should be released late febuary early march.
Paul is a male, thank-you-very-much. :roll:

chAos

Post by chAos »

JPortal wrote:
William R wrote: As the developer has not set a release date, he/she mentioned that beta 1 should be released late febuary early march.
Paul is a male, thank-you-very-much. :roll:
I believe male falls under a he...

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

As noted, there is no release date, though Betas are expected sometime within the next few months.