Conspiracy theory: Anti-phpBB users are other BBS supporters

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

Conspiracy theory: Anti-phpBB users are other BBS supporters

Post by yexusbeliever »

I hope this topic is not going to be locked. It is just a random thought that pass through my mind after first finding out that phpBB got its attack. I am a phpBB supporter and love phpBB. So this really agitates me that there are people who spend their worthless time in trying to destroy something good, instead of trying to find time to build something good.

Anyways the thought that comes across my mind is that "the anti-phpBB suppoters/hackers are the other BBS supporters." This is what I question. "Are IPB, vBulletin, and other BBS hackers/supporters attacking phpBB?"

I understand that maybe one BBS is not giving or grant permission for their supporters to make any sort of attack on other BBS. But there are possibly just evil people out there get a kick of laugh in destroying good things.

What do you guys think? (Please do not be so expressive of any angry towards other BBS. For there is no evidence of any sort to speak against them. I like to see what you all think and not begin a revolution of hate or something.)
hmm....

Gish

Re: Conspiracy theory: Anti-phpBB users are other BBS suppor

Post by Gish »

hell, i reckon we kick em in the nuts.
Whomever they are... they are (IMHO) pagan scum.
Defacement, or DoS attacks are a low blow, and I feel that the way to deal with em is to give em a dose of their own medicine.
If a person, or people are aiming to take down phpbb development, then they are up against a pretty nasty army. Its kinda like picking a grudge with the some of the meanest toughest coders... Not a smart idea.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Anyone up for some vigilante-ism?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Brenflakes

Post by Brenflakes »

pagans are not scum, and to be quite honest, i find your comment rather offensive.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

For there is no evidence of any sort to speak against them.
Then maybe we should not start it IMO...

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Yea. Like I said before, that we should try not to be so expressive of our anger. I bet the developers here do think that possibly the attackers are probably proud supporters of other BBS.

I did see in other sites using IPB and VB, with users speaking happily that they are glad it is not theirs that got hit. So I am just kinda angry with that they are too proud of their own security.

CyberCrank, that is why this is only a conspiracy. :D
hmm....

William R

Post by William R »

It gets me angry when they think its the BB that got hacked, and not thinking it was other software that was implemented on the server.

Gish

Post by Gish »

Brenflakes wrote: pagans are not scum, and to be quite honest, i find your comment rather offensive.
Brenflakes, I honestly didn't mean to offend you. Please accept my apologies if it did.
I am not advocating that Anti-phpBB attackers are users of other software. Nor do I think that other boards software is any less secure, or suitable for the task required.
Users of rival pieces of software have just as much right to their opinion about their piece of software than anyone else.
My angst is not targeted at anyone in particular, it is at whomever was responsible for harming phpbb. I know that, as a only recently induced user to phpbb, that support is crucial to people attempting to set up a working board, under ANY software. I just want the site to be back online so that i can get back to building a board.

Once again, please accept my apologies. I didn't mean to offend.

Regards
Gish

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Let's stage a ping of death on vBulletin's website! :D

Graham

Post by Graham »

Locked.

I don't think that this topic is really appropriate for this site is it?

The evidence available at this time points to it being nothing to do with phpBB at all - it was a political group of some form using 3rd party software on the server as far as we know.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!