Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
- Registered User
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:33 am
looking at the manage bots.. i think its very nice to have it.. good job all features that i'd dream of..
only 2 little questions concerning it..
1. when reading the configuration part it says:
Bot IP address:
Partial matches are allowed, seperate addresses with an apostrophe. A single hostname may be entered instead of an IP.
I think it would be better to have a comma separated list than a apostrophe separated list.. thinking of database if you export the ip list..
2. I dont know (i really dont know!!!) if its wise to have different templates (designs) for the bots only... I think that google backchecks to see if the pages were not "google only" and excludes them if you have different content..
but again i'm not 100% sure, but i think it would be nice to have a warning!
- Trapped inside rank factory, send help!
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:32 pm
- Location: The Netherlands
I have been using a stripped down (pda) template for google for ages and they never complained about that.
The stripped down template just has almost all features removed (links to profiles, email links, links to posts, etc, etc) and it just contains the poster info and the post text. Never had a problem with that. Here's an example
I Hate oversized sigs and Love Penguins