phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Uchiha Nick

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Uchiha Nick »

Linux is just as hard for someone as the first time he/she used Windows.

however the comparison is a bit of as well ;) since most people i know who use Linux is for server things. IPB and phpBB are used for the same reason : creating a forum. it's just what you think is better, and i vote for phpBB.

Atlantis Services

Post by Atlantis Services »

Martin Blank wrote: The CVS is the latest version. There will now be no 2.2, and the 3.0 beta is still some ways off.

It seems other people have seen or have copies of it. How else would people know what this pre=release will look like? I'd like a copy.
Ask yourself, how much do you pay for bandwidth each month? Was it you or your host who decided what services you were to pay for? - Coming Summer 2005 Atlantis Services

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

it is exactly as Martin Blank wrote. want a copy? wait like most of us, and the thing you mean is probably a snapshot

Graham

Post by Graham »

THey know what it looks like because it's what we are using here on this site ;)

(although there will be a new style with the final release version)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Heh, my comparison was a tad flawed.

Anyone notice that in every single post a developer or moderator makes, they mention something about the new style? They're trying to get us excited about it. :mrgreen:

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

yeah, but they dont need to say it in every post to get us excited about it LoL.. something never seen huh.. *thinks and browses*

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Yeah, but think about it... the developers and moderators (especially psoTFX) have never really tried to hype the board. phpBB works, and that's why people use it... that's what they've been saying. The fact that they keep emphasizing that it is VERY different and it's a drastic change, makes me think that... well, that the new style is going to be a lot different. :P

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

yeah, like i keep thinking like.. hem this might be it? and then no its being used already.. meh

i want to know LoL

Atlantis Services

Post by Atlantis Services »

JPortal wrote: Yeah, but think about it... the developers and moderators (especially psoTFX) have never really tried to hype the board. phpBB works, and that's why people use it... that's what they've been saying. The fact that they keep emphasizing that it is VERY different and it's a drastic change, makes me think that... well, that the new style is going to be a lot different. :P
3.0 paid version?
Ask yourself, how much do you pay for bandwidth each month? Was it you or your host who decided what services you were to pay for? - Coming Summer 2005 Atlantis Services

Graham

Post by Graham »

No, as you would see if you had read any of the topics here or on the main site, phpBB is free, and that is not going to change whilst any of the current team is in charge.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!