Acyd's Antics, an inconsistency in the code

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
psoTFX

Re: Acyd's Antics, an inconsistency in the code

Post by psoTFX »

Ya see this misunderstanding arises because few of you have full knowledge of what we're doing ;) The MySQL4 layer was always intended to use mysqli in this release. True, it's potentially confusing and we should address that ... end of story.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Ah, now it all makes much more sence... I thought you guys were gonna just start improving transactions or something of the like... Well, you did with mysqli... Anyway, whats up with count() being replaced with sizeof()? That one is still a mystery I cannot fathom from this end..

Pit

Post by Pit »

dmaj007 wrote: Ah, now it all makes much more sence... I thought you guys were gonna just start improving transactions or something of the like... Well, you did with mysqli... Anyway, whats up with count() being replaced with sizeof()? That one is still a mystery I cannot fathom from this end..
Perhaps it's just a coding style decision that bears no importance and need not be endlessly questioned.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Ah, nothing like make a good 'ol assumption out of thin air eh? I fear that you are not in a position to answer for Acyd, which would simply be unfair unless you are his publicist. He lists the change in the cvs changelogs, thus they must be significant to him in one way or another. I wish to understand why something was done in a certain way as to enhance my understanding of the software instead of making an assumption. I do not wish to be terse with you but you put me in such a position.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

He doesn't list the changes... he was probably just going through the code, spotted it, and changed it for reasons of consistency. When it was checked-in, then the CVS diff-er-thingy-ma-bob notices this and produces the email.
Rob

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Pit wrote:
dmaj007 wrote: Ah, now it all makes much more sence... I thought you guys were gonna just start improving transactions or something of the like... Well, you did with mysqli... Anyway, whats up with count() being replaced with sizeof()? That one is still a mystery I cannot fathom from this end..
Perhaps it's just a coding style decision that bears no importance and need not be endlessly questioned.
Pit doesn't assume anything. He's stating a fact.

naderman

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Exactly. Sometimes i wonder if there is a bug where all posts from the development group gets hidden to all others, since i stated this within my post.

dmaj007

Post by dmaj007 »

Roberdin wrote: He doesn't list the changes... he was probably just going through the code, spotted it, and changed it for reasons of consistency. When it was checked-in, then the CVS diff-er-thingy-ma-bob notices this and produces the email.
*cough*http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/p ... rkup*cough* is an example of a cvs changelog, he lists it as an opti. Thats all. Meh, on a certain level, I think there should be some standardization over what is used. Oh well..
/me whistles to myself

CLee

Post by CLee »

Acyd Burn wrote: Sometimes i wonder if there is a bug where all posts from the development group gets hidden to all others[.]
If there is, then it only affects dmaj007 as I saw your explanation the first time.
Carlos Myers
Member - Star Wars Roleplaying Club

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

dmaj007 wrote: *cough*http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/p ... rkup*cough* is an example of a cvs changelog, he lists it as an opti. Thats all. Meh, on a certain level, I think there should be some standardization over what is used. Oh well..
/me whistles to myself
Oh, I see what you mean, I thought that you were insinuating that he writes the 'differentations' himself.
Rob