Can not get into acp

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Mini

Can not get into acp

Post by Mini »

I installed phpbb 2.1 on a dev board but I cant get into the acp...

adm/admin not found... :?:

SamG

Re: Can not get into acp

Post by SamG »

Until 2.2 is in a release form (beta, RC, final), no support is available. Users of development (CVS) code are on their own. :)
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Mini

Post by Mini »

:|
I have a question..
Is the 2.1 version up for download not the full beta or is it the same thing running here?

SamG

Post by SamG »

The code currently available for download is what the developers are currently working on and have committed. It's not a beta release, which will not come until later this year.

The code in use here is essentially the same, but of course the developers fix things manually as the need arises.

Mini

Post by Mini »

*Mutters to myself* then why cant I get into my acp*Ends*
Ah well.

SamG

Post by SamG »

That's a good and fair question, but since the code is in development, it's entirely possible that tomorrow's or next week's snapshot will work - meaning that it won't require any manual fixes to the database or code to work. Feel free to try another download from time to time. Or, you can wait for a beta release, where all aspects of the board should be functional. Whatever works best.

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

It is basically the luck of the draw when you download a CVS. Try again when a new one is updated and see if they fixed the problem.