Daylight Saving Time (DST) within one country

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Mvastango

Re: Daylight Saving Time (DST) within one country

Post by Mvastango »

Under most implmentations of phpBB, the hour of a post 6 months ago is somewhat trivial. There will of course be some posts for which this is not the case. For people who aren't too particular about the times of these posts (or for people in non-DST areas), they are not put to a disadvantage. People who live in DST-observing areas expirience at least somewhat of an advantage with this mod because they at the least don't have to change their setting every 6 months. Of course, this isn't the real reason behind the mod, but it's a side-effect/benefit. The only point at which this wouldn't be beneficial to impliment into the core code would be the point at which the detrimental effects of the change outweigh it's benefits. If there are no detrimental effects, to me, it makes sense to impliment it, because the worst case scenario is that the user notices no change. How am I employing 'round robin reasoning'?

philipwh04

Post by philipwh04 »

Guys, if people are that bothered about the time on the forums and dont happen to have a clock, then, like they do for clocks, they will change it forward an hour, add DST or whatever. Your asking too much - does your clock know the time and change itself automatically, no it doesnt, if you can bothered (most are) you change it. Same goes for forums.

And, in Superdeboe's case, they live in one village. Go round and talk, be sensible, dont moan and complain about the great job psoTFX and the other phpBB developers do to create a forum which gets increasingly brilliant in every version.

Every fora bar one that I have found is cross-world. Heck, this is a main reason the internet forums exist, so people can talk and communicate to others around the world.

Mvastango

Post by Mvastango »

Granted the automatic clock setting wasn't the main reason why some of us thought changes were necessary, but I guess we are used to everything being automatic on computers. Maybe that's good. Maybe that's bad, but personally, when was the last time you set your computer clock back or foward for DST? You ask, "does your clock know the time and change itself automatically". My answer - the one(s) on my computer do. But yes, I don't mean to moan and/or complain. It is the great atmosphere of support and community involvement that makes this product work. We are all indebted to the devs for making such an great atmosphere.

philipwh04

Post by philipwh04 »

Ok, I actually meant the normal clocks, but maybe I didn't state it clearly.. ;)

Crush

Post by Crush »

Whether the problem with Moscow years time (summer) in the new version of a forum will be solved
Excuse for bad English

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Oh the horror! 8O THE TIME IS WRONG WITH AN HOUR! Oh no... :cry:

:roll:
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

Superdeboer

Post by Superdeboer »

Virtuality wrote:Oh the horror! 8O THE TIME IS WRONG WITH AN HOUR! Oh no...
Yeah whatever... it's not important if you're counting down to the new year at 23:00h, 0:00h or 1:00h, right?
Both options are just an hour difference, right?

If you cannot come op with better replies, then shut up. :|

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Dude.... counting down to new year? Most normal people doesn't depend on a forum clock, but have their own.
But who knows, you might be special. :)
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

Superdeboer

Post by Superdeboer »

Dude, if you don't think a forum might be important... what's the sense of taking part in this discussion?

olger901

Post by olger901 »

Who cares about the time you got a clock in the right hand of the screen where you can see what time it is don't ya :D
-