Progress of 2.2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Dan39

Re: Progress of 2.2

Post by Dan39 »

Hmm well and easy admin cp would be nice, from the CVS board i set up, setting permissions was confusing, set up stupid in my opinion, and a pain in the ass!! 2.0.x permissions are like million times easier

olger901

Post by olger901 »

No actually the phpBB 2.2, (2.1 or however you wanna see it) permission system is really much easier and more logic to use you just gotta know howto use it and it takes a little more times, but it DOES give you a load more options and much more customizability.
-

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

mgbowen wrote:I must ask, at what Milestone are we at. I've gotten 2 answers to this, we are at M2 and M3. Can you tell me? :|
Patience my son, the truth will reveal itself in time
(Bloody slow DVD burner, dammit)

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

I could be incorrect, but I thought I heard someone (a developer or something like that) say (on the regular PhpBB support forums) that we are on the final milestone......................but, like I said: I could be mistaken. ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

BMWGuy wrote:I could be incorrect, but I thought I heard someone (a developer or something like that) say (on the regular PhpBB support forums) that we are on the final milestone......................but, like I said: I could be mistaken. Wink
They are currently developing the final milestone before beta stage.
Rob

puttyfly

Post by puttyfly »

Roberdin wrote:
BMWGuy wrote:I could be incorrect, but I thought I heard someone (a developer or something like that) say (on the regular PhpBB support forums) that we are on the final milestone......................but, like I said: I could be mistaken. Wink
They are currently developing the final milestone before beta stage.
How long is the developpement of 2.2 taking already?

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

More than a day, less than a century.

Be patient.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

iotc247

Post by iotc247 »

Just put it this way.. When microsoft releases longhorn phpbb 2.2 will be released.. When we can fly 3.0 will be released.

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

For all of thoese who were wondering What happened to 2.2, its very simple, remeber what the Devs said, each time someone asks when it will be out, it will be delayed another day, well, that means we will now have to wait another 10ys for it to be released LOL :mrgreen:

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

When will it be out?

:mrgreen: