Some doubt about an idea for a feature...

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
PUOJACKZ

Some doubt about an idea for a feature...

Post by PUOJACKZ »

I was thinking to submit, in the feature tracker, an idea for a option that will insert a little legend in the categories and forums (not in thread), to let the users to understand the limit of the category/forum.

The idea was to create a little division of the main table where is written the category/topic title and moderators, inserting some icons to declare if in that forum COPPA Users can see forums/posts, if is in NewsGroup mode (a feature that I have notified in feature tracker some times ago), if the forums have a pre-emptive moderation (approving/unapproving posts), and so on.
So, what are yours ideas about it?
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening

olger901

Re: Some doubt about an idea for a feature...

Post by olger901 »

Doesn't seem to be nescassary for me and as has been said the feature requests for 2.2 has been closed, all new features submitted now won't be considered tilll the new phpBB 2.x
-

feaelin

Post by feaelin »

PUOJACKZ wrote:I was thinking to submit, in the feature tracker, an idea for a option that will insert a little legend in the categories and forums (not in thread), to let the users to understand the limit of the category/forum.

The idea was to create a little division of the main table where is written the category/topic title and moderators, inserting some icons to declare if in that forum COPPA Users can see forums/posts, if is in NewsGroup mode (a feature that I have notified in feature tracker some times ago), if the forums have a pre-emptive moderation (approving/unapproving posts), and so on.
So, what are yours ideas about it?
I thought there was a feature like this already? Isn't that how the "Forum Rules" appears on the "Discuss 2.2" forum? Or are you wanting something different from that?

feaelin

Post by feaelin »

olger901 wrote:Doesn't seem to be nescassary for me and as has been said the feature requests for 2.2 has been closed, all new features submitted now won't be considered tilll the new phpBB 2.x
We can, however, submit feature requests to the feature tracker for the release after 2.2 (presumably 2.4?), which may be what Puojackz was thinking of.

PUOJACKZ

Post by PUOJACKZ »

We can, however, submit feature requests to the feature tracker for the release after 2.2 (presumably 2.4?), which may be what Puojackz was thinking of.
Infact, my idea was so. But, before do it, i'd like to receive some feedback in order to post a feature with a lot of userful sub-options. Inserting unoptimized requests in Feature Tracker is bad IMHO.
My idea was to:

- In ACP, let the admin to assign, in an option, like.. Warning system deactivate in that category/forum, or only no-COPPA users and so on, some icons (traffic light-like icons for example, but customizable by the user), that explain suddenly something about moderations of the category/forum, type of category forum, who could not entry and so on.

This could be userful, maybe, for a little user that try to join a category but he/she see that is not possible. If there's this option, he could see the icon and understand that he cannot join.
-

Graham

Post by Graham »

IMO, it's something that you might want to consider as a MOD, but doesn't sound that practical for the actual software from what you have described so far.

You need to remember that in 2.2 most of the options are not a simple yes/no per forum, they are yes/no per group/user in each forum so it is not such a simple thing as you seem to think. There is also a similar "you can/cannot...." set of information on the viewforum/viewtopic pages already.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

grön

Post by grön »

olger901 wrote:Doesn't seem to be nescassary for me and as has been said the feature requests for 2.2 has been closed, all new features submitted now won't be considered tilll the new phpBB 2.x
2.4 :mrgreen:
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

grön wrote:
2.4 :mrgreen:
May be even sooner actually, probably a lot of cool faetures will be in the development versions (2.3.x) :D
Customisations Team

PUOJACKZ

Post by PUOJACKZ »

If the coder team pass all my ideas, maybe improving the existing ones, probably the 2.3/2.4 will introduce a lot of change for Karma and Warning. All my posts are in the Feature Tracker. It would be interesting to obtain a feedback about that ideas here.
-