Future BugFeaturesTraq for PHPbb 2.2.x?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
PUOJACKZ

Future BugFeaturesTraq for PHPbb 2.2.x?

Post by PUOJACKZ »

I have found some bugs in CVS snapshot of PHPbb 2.2.x. Yes, I know, the users must not notify, to coders, any problem, but this way could waste time fixing little bugs in forum isn't it? If users could submit any feature problem (a link not translated in a particular language, a broken link in ACP etc...), i think that probably the coders could be helped and fix cosmetic mistakes no?
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening

Roberdin

Re: Future BugFeaturesTraq for PHPbb 2.2.x?

Post by Roberdin »

Wrong. The coders are aware of bugs, but they don't care about them at the moment. They will fix them when it is appropriate. What you percieve as bugs may be missing or incomplete features.
Rob

Graham

Post by Graham »

The team will be opening up for bug reports at the time when supported releases come out (because that is the only point where it can really be called a bug ;) ). For the time being, what you are looking at is a snapshot of where the developers were at the point the code was committed to CVS. The developers may (and probably do) have different code on their own systems which they are working on in which the bit you are looking at may already have been altered.

All I can say is keep a note and if it has not been fixed by Beta, that is the time to report it.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

PUOJACKZ

Post by PUOJACKZ »

Ah, ok, thank you for the explanation. ;)
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening

Einar

Post by Einar »

PUOJACKZ wrote:I have found some bugs in CVS snapshot of PHPbb 2.2.x. Yes, I know, the users must not notify, to coders, any problem, but this way could waste time fixing little bugs in forum isn't it? If users could submit any feature problem (a link not translated in a particular language, a broken link in ACP etc...), i think that probably the coders could be helped and fix cosmetic mistakes no?
When you develop, you usually focused on the feature your coding. And if you come along a bug you fix it.

In the development process they aren't searching for bugs, they appear and get fixed. And when the bugs doesn't appear anymore it's time to find them in the beta version.