Searching for official Roadmap !

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
redlabour

Searching for official Roadmap !

Post by redlabour »

No i don´t want to ask when it is ready - just to hear - if it´s ready ! ;)

But where can i find the Roadmap ?

BMWGuy

Re: Searching for official Roadmap !

Post by BMWGuy »

The roadmap was abolished several weeks ago due primarliy to the fact that it was not up to date. I beilve that I heard that the development is at, or close to the final milestone (but, do not quote me on this, because I may be wrong).

If you wish to follow the development progress as it happens, see this: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... um_id=2657" target="_blank
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I feel a little guilty about the roadmap being removed... But if you are inclined and to gain some insight, you can read this related thread:

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... =3&t=16123" target="_blank

Maybe a phpBB 2.2 features list will show up later on. But this board, the CVS snapshots, and SF email notifications, are about the best for now to see what progress is being made on phpBB 2.2. If time permits, the developers had indicated that they "may" update the roadmap and features list, but spending time on getting to beta is probably more beneficial to us at this point.

** I for one am thankful to have access to this board, the CVS snapshots, and the SF notifications, all of which are a gift from the developers for us to see and watch the development of phpBB 2.2 **

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

I noticed that after the roadmap was taken off people became less "anxious" and annoying.

redlabour

Post by redlabour »

Thx to all of you ! ;)

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

FYI -- A link used to be located here:

http://area51.phpbb.com/

So if it shows up again on the front page, then you may want to look there for the link in the future...

Best of Luck!