Which party for you?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Martin Blank

Re: Which party for you?

Post by Martin Blank »

Ya gotta love ideologues.

"I hate them!"

"Why?"

"Because they're them!"

Much easier than looking at people individually.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

"Sometimes, perfection hinders efficiency" - Tuvok, ST:Voyager.
Rob

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Hi,

http://www.globalvote2004.org" target="_blank
Because of the fact the American Government influences many other states as well some Authors from London have created a global vote. The results will be published on 31. October. It shall reflect the worldwide opinnion. Of course it won't be that representative because it is on the internet but it's quite interesting anyway. So everyone (not only people form the us) should vote there.
I voted for Nader (not only because of my nick ;-)), but also because I think the 2 party system should be replaced with something like we have here in germany and because of some other reasons.
naderman

Natan

Post by Natan »

grrrlromeo wrote:I'm voting to eject Bush out of office....and any other Republicans too. So, I'm not really voting for anyone, rather I'm voting against a party.
So if you're not going to vote for Bush, who're you going to vote for? If you don't like Kerry, but are just voting for him as an alternative to Bush, why not just vote for Nader?

That said, I'm voting for Bush. He is the only one that the terrorists are afraid will take a stand against them. I know this because Arafat and his PA are endorsing Kerry. So are Hamas. They know that Bush is against terrorism at all costs, and are therefore endorsing Kerry.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Natan

Post by Natan »

naderman wrote:Hi,

May I ask a dumb question? (don't answer that ;)) Who cares what the rest of the world says? That sounds eerily like Kerry's 'Global Test.' This is our country. Not France's. Not Germany's. Ours. We do whats best for OUR country. Not everyone elses.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Natan wrote:
naderman wrote:Hi,

May I ask a dumb question? (don't answer that ;)) Who cares what the rest of the world says? That sounds eerily like Kerry's 'Global Test.' This is our country. Not France's. Not Germany's. Ours. We do whats best for OUR country. Not everyone elses.
I will answer that :P
Well there point is the USA influence other countries in many ways. But as you probably noticed this is not the real election ;-) but I find it kind of interesting, what people from other countries think. In germany I think about 9 out of 10 would say Bush is a bad person without of being able to give a reason for it. It's the media, espacially tv making creating germans oppinions about the US Government. And I think this might let us know a bit more about how informed people in other countries are.

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." quote by err someone ;-) So now you know why europeans are interested :P

naderman

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

Martin Blank wrote:Ya gotta love ideologues.

"I hate them!"

"Why?"

"Because they're them!"

Much easier than looking at people individually.

Funny you should mention looking at people individually. I do dislike the Republican party. But the reason why is not because they're them. It's because I'm a lesbian and wish to destroy the sanctity of marriage. The Republican Party has made it clear what their platform is. And I don't like their platform.

Terrorism and the Iraq can be summed up with two simple beliefs I have. One is that Bush can't make it better. Two, Kerry can't make it worse.

Natan: When an action has a greater consequence on another country or region then it does for us, we should at least consult with that region. That is to say, if we have made the US more safe (which we haven't) but have made the world as a whole less safe what have we really accomplished? We've accomplished moving terrorism from here to there and have seen it increase rather than decrease. What we do on foreign soil is of course going to affect foreign countries for good or for bad. And if our actions have a negative impact on another country, they're not going to like us. And you can say that doesn't matter, but it does matter in every way. It affects our ability to trade with other countries, it affects our economy and it affects our safety. A country without allies is a vulnerable country.

I'm not going to vote for Nader. I respect his right to run but getting Bush out of office is my main goal because I'm a sinner and a selfish hedonist.
I can't delete my signature.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Natan wrote:Who cares what the rest of the world says? That sounds eerily like Kerry's 'Global Test.' This is our country. Not France's. Not Germany's. Ours. We do whats best for OUR country. Not everyone elses.
Now that is exactly the problem. You don't even consider what effect your actions might have on other countries. So long as your citizens are happy, everything's alright. Allies get thrown out the window when it suits the US government... of course this is true of many nations.

No-one is suggesting that other countries play a part in your voting system, but many feel that you should take into account how your president will work with these other countries, sometimes at minor short term expense.
Rob

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

grrrlromeo wrote:I do dislike the Republican party. But the reason why is not because they're them. It's because I'm a lesbian and wish to destroy the sanctity of marriage. The Republican Party has made it clear what their platform is. And I don't like their platform.
So you choose to dislike a certain group of people because they carry a label, rather than taking them as individuals? I think Jim Kolbe would find that disappointing.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

SamG

Post by SamG »

naderman wrote:... I voted for Nader ... because I think the 2 party system should be replaced with something like we have here in germany and because of some other reasons.
I know what you're saying, but just to point out that the two-party "system" can't really be replaced as such since it's not a fixed part of the process. There's no reason why even a "write-in" candidate could not become president, assuming the electoral college was paying attention to the popular vote.

And yes, I am available as a write-in candidate, should anybody still be undecided ... :mrgreen:
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood