Restarting/repeating travis-ci build after random failure

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Restarting/repeating travis-ci build after random failure

Post by P_I »

Please help the newbie understand how to restart/repeat a travis-ci build after an apparent random failure. After looking at my recent commit build which failed, I don't think the error is related to my code change.

I seem to be 2 for 2 on having this problem, so I'd like to understand what is the SOP within the phpBB community when this happens. I've searched Area51 and the phpBB github repository to the best of my ability and haven't found any guidance on what steps and/or tools I should be using to handle this situation.

What am I missing?

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: Restarting/repeating travis-ci build after random failure

Post by hanakin »

nothing really you can always ask on irc #phpbb-dev for someone to restart it if you are sure that is the problem short of that like david pointed out closing and opening is a quick fix

Its just something that happens based on all the prs/changes that get pushed to larger projects based on the resources we are allotted by travis
nicofuma wrote:poke
marc wrote:poke
it looks like we have in the travis file a setup to check and only run a non db build for tests which would seem to be what we should use for css only prs, but we do not seem to be triggering it? Do you maybe know why or how
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Thanks to whomever restarted the build.

As a new contributor to phpBB, bumping into problems like this can be a bit on the frustrating part, particularly when there doesn't seem to be any breadcrumbs/documentation that describes the likely causes and resolution steps AFAIK.

I am trying to keep notes with the view to flow the problems/solutions back into the community and documentation with the hope that it might help the next person. Some of these posts are part of that process.

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

You don't really have to worry about it. If your PR is done, and tests fail for some unrelated reason, we will restart them when reviewing.