Notification error on Area51

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
javiexin

Notification error on Area51

Post by javiexin »

Hi,

I don't know where to post this, so I am doing here, just so you tell me where to put it.

I have the following situation:
1) I have a notification in my received notifications, it is active, so the number of active notifications shows as "1" . I open the notifications dropdown and mark it to be cleared. It clears, but when I reload the page, there it is again the same notification, active again.
2) Then I go to the UCP to manage notifications, get on the list of active notifications, select this one, and click on "Mark read", and I get a nice php error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 481: strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The service definition "" does not exist.' in 
/var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php:882 
Stack trace: 
#0 /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(492): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition(NULL) 
#1 /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/phpbb/notification/manager.php(858): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get(Array) 
#2 /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/phpbb/notification/manager.php(848): phpbb\notification\manager->load_object(Array) 
#3 /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/phpbb/notification/manager.php(226): phpbb\notification\manager->get_method_class(Array) 
#4 /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/includes/ucp/ucp_notifications.php(125): phpbb\notifi in /var/www/phpbb/area51.phpbb.com/area51-phpbb3/phpBB/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 882
For context, the notification is a "Report closed" notification.

BR,
-javiexin

bonelifer
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Notification error on Area51

Post by bonelifer »

javiexin using your phpbb.com(ie not the one from area51) credentials to login to the Tracker. There should be a "Create" button at the top. Select "phpBB3" as project and give the Summary title a good descriptive title" and select components similar to the picture(seem like the appropriate ones, the team member addressing the ticket can add/change later) and the version easiest to assume the current version which is 3.1.5. Then just repost in the description textbox what you've already posted and anything else you might have since figured out if any.

Tracker link:
http://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

tracker-create.png
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Thanks a lot bonelifer. I have posted a lot of things to the tracker already (most of them accompanied by a PR as well).

What I didn't know was the affected version, I was under the impression that this forum used the 3.2 branch, and as such, errors found here should not be treated the same way, as they are using preliminary code.

But I will do as you suggest. Thanks.

In the meantime, any way to clear that annoying notification from my panel?
-javiexin

EDIT: Done, PHPBB3-14074

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

Area51 is using 3.2 yes. But everything should be reported in the tracker.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

Should be fixed now
No Support via PM

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Thanks a lot Nicofuma. It is partially fixed now. The scenario 2 above is fixed now (going to the UCP and marking the notification as read).

But the scenario 1 still does not clear the notification. Unfortunately, I have cleared the one I had, so I cannot test again until I have another notification, so I am going to generate another report, to continue testing.

Thanks again,
-javiexin

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

I'm not experiencing that issue. If I click/tap on "Mark all read" all unread notifications are marked read. Refreshing the page does not revert that for me.

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Yes, i just tested the way you suggest, and it works same as UCP. What it does not work is marking the notification read individually, by ticking on the checkmark. Well, it does, but the notification reappears on page reload. So the Ajax call does not get stored in the db.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

I think the ajax call fails. I'll have a look tomorrow.
No Support via PM

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

Should be fixed now
No Support via PM