I have been looking around the the answer for a few days with no luck.
I used PHPBB years ago and decided to install it again, but am having this problem when trying to add a new style.
The domain is: http://www.rebalancebritain.co.uk/forum
I first installed the forum using the hosts cpannel, everything went well until i tried to add a style.
I followed the instructions on a you tube video, as a web developer it all seemed easy enough, I found a style i linked, i downloaded it and unzipped it and uploaded it to the "styles" folder, i went back into the admin and went to the customise tab then to install styles tab and nothing!
I tried a few more and again nothing!
I searched for an answer and i seem to be doing everything ok.
I deleted the folder and database assuming it was a bad install, next i did a manuel install downloading it and uploading the forum into the folder and installed again, again it all went well, i set everything up ok and all was fine, i tried to install a few new styles but again i can't see any to install, what am i doing wrong?
These things i have checked:
- Files in the styles are ok: template, theme, imageset and style.cfg all there.
- new styles are in the same folder as prosilver
- prosilver installed ok
- In General tab/Board settings/Override user style = No
- php settings are all OK and permissions are OK
- 4 different style tried from different locations
- styles are:
- Read as many other posts regarding this problem as i can find but nothing seems to work!