Force RFC posters to attach a poll.

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Pony99CA

Re: Force RFC posters to attach a poll.

Post by Pony99CA »

While I support having polls here, that also depends on the phpBB Ideas Center that MichaelC mentioned. Will that area allow people to vote and/or comment on the ideas? If so, I presume that the RFC area here will be for implementation discussions, not +1/-1 voting, so polls would no longer be necessary for that. You might still want polls for voting on implementations, though.

Until the Ideas Center is ready, though, I agree with adding polls for new RFCs. (I'm not sure that you can "force" that, though, as there's no ACP option that I'm aware of to require that; it would have to be a policy.)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I meant to force it by adding a rule that notifies you to do that before posting. Yes, policy.
Previous user: TheKiller
Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

TheKiller wrote:I meant to force it by adding a rule that notifies you to do that before posting. Yes, policy.
There's no way to notify you without MODing phpBB, though, which is my point. As far as I know, Area51 runs an (almost) unmodified version of phpBB 3.1 (it's a big beta test site).

It would have to be a Moderator (human controlled) policy that adds a poll if one wasn't included.

Anyway, I would suggest a poll something like this:
Should this RFC be implemented as part of phpBB?

* Yes, in the core
* Yes, as a fully-supported extension
* No
* I'm unsure
If phpBB won't support fully-supported extensions (they should!), item #2 can be dropped and item #1 just becomes Yes.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Those who want a poll can add one. This RFC proposes forcing polls, which will not happen in the foreseeable future.
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Yes there is Pony. I meant to notify the users in a topic that has rules on what you are supposed to post a RFC like.
It could be mentioned in this topic i guess. viewtopic.php?f=99&t=30432
I think there was another topic about a year ago or so that was suggesting users to add the [RFC] Tag in their topic etc.
This could have been added there, mentioning them to create a poll.

Your pool votes seem nice. Not sure if the unsure poll is required tho.
Previous user: TheKiller