Proposal for PR workflow

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Re: Proposal for PR workflow

Post by MichaelC »

imkingdavid wrote:I'm fine with what naderman and oleg came up with in IRC yesterday; two statuses: awaiting review and needs more work. As far as I know naderman can change permissions on who can use which statuses so that won't be an issue. This way, a user submits a ticket, it is new. Another user submits a patch and sets it to awaiting review. A developer reviews it and it isn't ready, he sets it to Needs more work, the user fixes it, sets it back to awaiting review, a developer reviews it and it is good, he merges it.
What about abandoned PRs? A status that can be set after the author hasn't touched it in a while but needs work doing. Shows it just needs fixing up and reviewing before merging.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.
imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:I'm fine with what naderman and oleg came up with in IRC yesterday; two statuses: awaiting review and needs more work. As far as I know naderman can change permissions on who can use which statuses so that won't be an issue. This way, a user submits a ticket, it is new. Another user submits a patch and sets it to awaiting review. A developer reviews it and it isn't ready, he sets it to Needs more work, the user fixes it, sets it back to awaiting review, a developer reviews it and it is good, he merges it.
What about abandoned PRs? A status that can be set after the author hasn't touched it in a while but needs work doing. Shows it just needs fixing up and reviewing before merging.
"Needs more work" applies here. If someone sees a ticket that Needs more work and the person it is assigned to hasn't been working on it, they can assume it has been abandoned and pick it up.

Anyway, I doubt if we had such a status it would be used; looking at the amount of time it takes to get things reviewed, do you think someone's going to take the time to go through a bunch of tickets to set it as abandoned if needed?
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.
naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Indeed, I don't think we need a separate status for that.
naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

This has been implemented on the tracker now. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the new workflow!
EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Nice work!