Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
User avatar
imkingdavid
Registered User
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by imkingdavid »

At least once a month--more often, if needed--the phpBB development team holds an open development meeting for users and developers to discuss progress and development of the phpBB software. Each meeting may last up to 60 minutes, and may contain up to 6 agenda items.

The next meeting will be held no later than the week of January 1, 2013. If six agenda items are suggested prior to then, an availability poll will be created to gauge availability for a meeting on the following week. If there are less than 6 items by the week prior to January 1, an availability poll will be created for the week of January 1.

Please use this topic to suggest items to be discussed. Note that each item will get a maximum of 10 minutes of discussion during the meeting, so any discussion point should be brief and specific enough to reach a decision within that amount of time (Bad example: "Status of phpBB 3.1", good example "Status of feature Y"). Instead of discussing specifics of implementation, it may be a good idea to use this time to identify some areas that will need further discussion at a later time.

Agenda:
  1. Migrations - We need to discuss if it would be better to wait for someone (naderman?) to finish up the Migrations PR or to instead adapt UMIL for inclusion in the core.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by EXreaction »

It would be nice to get an absolute to-do list before 3.1 can go into a Beta status.
Oleg
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by Oleg »

Same as before - extensions.

* Template extension behavior wrt template inheritance and extension overrides need to be defined/specified, see relevant topic for a proposal
* Then it needs to be implemented, with unit tests (currently there is one failing test in the template events PR)
* Migrations need to be finished
* Whatever acp ui we need to scrape by
User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by MichaelC »

Oleg wrote:Same as before - extensions.

* Template extension behavior wrt template inheritance and extension overrides need to be defined/specified, see relevant topic for a proposal
* Then it needs to be implemented, with unit tests (currently there is one failing test in the template events PR)
* Migrations need to be finished
* Whatever acp ui we need to scrape by
ACP Extensions Admin is done and merged, leaving just template events and migrations, both of which are being done by Nils.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.
User avatar
naderman
Consultant
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by naderman »

Unknown Bliss wrote:ACP Extensions Admin is done and merged, leaving just template events and migrations, both of which are being done by Nils.
Actually template events is something David and EXreaction were looking into as well, and that Oleg was asked to give feedback on too.
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by EXreaction »

What's going on with migrations and template events?
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by EXreaction »

Hello?
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Registered User
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You can probably ask the same question about the contact page too as the last question was posed 7 months ago and to the best of my knowledge nothing has been done with it.

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/210
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money
User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by MichaelC »

Nathan, last thing said about Migrations in the last meeting by Nils was
[13:12:40] <naderman> well same as before with me not having been here for a while now and having been sick earlier this week
He's been busy with Uni since then.

Template events last I heard imkingdavid had a PR 4 months ago to oleg's repo which would make it mergable except for an issue with inclusion order which was discussed in the last meeting then never done; last I was told is that you were working on that?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: Development IRC Meeting #5 - Planning Topic

Post by EXreaction »

I'm not sure why my name comes up as someone who was working on it, I've not done anything for it nor was I ever under the impression that I should look into it. There is a topic about it here: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=43341

If Nils is unable to commit any time to this, then someone else should take a look at it. The last commit was at least a year ago. If nobody wants to take up migrations, then maybe it ought to be pushed to 3.2, since it is really the only significant item holding 3.1 back.
Post Reply