Please propose agenda items for the IRC Development Meeting on the week of August 13-19, 2012 in this topic.
The development IRC meeting will be on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:00pm UTC. The availability poll has been closed, but anyone who has that timeslot available is welcome to attend.
The meeting will consist of up to 6 items, each of which may take up to 10 minutes, and will last no more than 60 minutes. The idea is to discuss the main points of each topic, so any in-depth discussion should take place at another time.
- Attachment Improvements needs a final review and dependencies need to be reviewed and merged.
- Discuss the proposal to add "Tahoma" font for certain languages
- Evaluate progress of goals for search engine optimization
- WYSIWYG progress
- Progress update on events, migrations, and related components
Note that 8 items are listed below, rather than 6. The final two were brought up after the meeting because there was still some time left over.
- Attachment Improvements
- It was decided that this is unnecessary and is not a priority
- Add "Tahoma" font for rtl language
- This can already be accomplished in the language-specific stylesheet in 3.1 (which replaces imagesets)
- Search engine backend refactoring
- naderman will review this
- WYSIWYG editor
- brunoais would like input some questions he posted in the RFC
- naderman suggested that WYSIWYG be delayed until bbcode parsing is revamped
- Events PR is ready for final review and merge by imkingdavid (has been done)
- Any open PRs for PHP events other than the one in the previous point should be closed.
- Template events have no known recent progress
- Migrations should be ready by next week
- Extensions ACP manager will be ready for merging once a few recent comments are addressed
- GSoc/PSoC Submissions
- Hardolaf would like someone to review his Authentication Plugin Refactoring and User Integration PR (bantu and imkingdavid responsible for review)
- imkingdavid would like someone to review his Post Revisions PR (naderman said he will)
- Meeting frequency
- Meetings should occur at least once per month
- Meetings may occur more frequently (at most once per week) when 6 good, unique discussion points are brought up
- Meetings may be held as needed for time-critical items