Development IRC Meeting Week 32, 2012: Friday, August 17, 3:00pm UTC

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
User avatar
imkingdavid
Registered User
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Development IRC Meeting Week 32, 2012: Friday, August 17, 3:00pm UTC

Post by imkingdavid » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Note: Due to a lack of participation on the availability poll and a lack of common availability among the few participants, we are not having a meeting on the week of August 6 - 12, 2012. I have created a new availability poll for people to mark their availability for the next week (August 13-19, 2012).

Please propose agenda items for the IRC Development Meeting on the week of August 13-19, 2012 in this topic.

You can mark your availability on this doodle: http://www.doodle.com/u6452u43f96xiu6p (default should be UTC you can select your timezone in the dropdown at the top to see your local times).
The development IRC meeting will be on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 3:00pm UTC. The availability poll has been closed, but anyone who has that timeslot available is welcome to attend.

The meeting will consist of up to 6 items, each of which may take up to 10 minutes, and will last no more than 60 minutes. The idea is to discuss the main points of each topic, so any in-depth discussion should take place at another time.
Agenda Full Meeting Log: https://gist.github.com/3379984

Meeting Summary
Note that 8 items are listed below, rather than 6. The final two were brought up after the meeting because there was still some time left over.
  1. Attachment Improvements
    • naderman will review and merge PRs 881 (dependency) and 833 (main PR)
    • imkingdavid will review and merge PR 936
  2. Validate views with javascript
    • It was decided that this is unnecessary and is not a priority
  3. Add "Tahoma" font for rtl language
    • This can already be accomplished in the language-specific stylesheet in 3.1 (which replaces imagesets)
  4. Search engine backend refactoring
    • naderman will review this
  5. WYSIWYG editor
    • brunoais would like input some questions he posted in the RFC
    • naderman suggested that WYSIWYG be delayed until bbcode parsing is revamped
  6. Events/Migrations
    • Events PR is ready for final review and merge by imkingdavid (has been done)
    • Any open PRs for PHP events other than the one in the previous point should be closed.
    • Template events have no known recent progress
    • Migrations should be ready by next week
    • Extensions ACP manager will be ready for merging once a few recent comments are addressed
  7. GSoc/PSoC Submissions
  8. Meeting frequency
    • Meetings should occur at least once per month
    • Meetings may occur more frequently (at most once per week) when 6 good, unique discussion points are brought up
    • Meetings may be held as needed for time-critical items
Also, in the future any items suggested for inclusion on the agenda should be specific questions or discussion points that can be quickly decided upon in the 10 minute slot. If an item is particularly short, discussion points can be grouped based on overall topic, as long as they will fit in the 10 minute slot. Any other questions or discussion points that are too broad for a 10 minute discussion should be asked outside of the meeting or posted as an RFC.
Last edited by imkingdavid on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Reason: Old doodle: http://www.doodle.com/ik9f7xsih8wnhku8
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by Senky » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 pm


User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by MichaelC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Hopefully by this meeting Events, Extensions Admin and Migrations should have been merged. If they have, then 3.1 Release should be added to the Agenda. If they haven't then I guess this should be left until the week after (or whenever they finally get merged).

With regards to the Error Class, I think thats something for 3.2, not 3.1 unless someone wants to work on it and finish it before 3.1 hits alpha.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

User avatar
Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by Vinny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Senky wrote:Just wondering about this topic:
Prosilver Overhaul/Modernization
I just cannot see any PR or ticket in it, so what is the process of it? If it is not fully merged yet, it would be wort of discussion, I think...
prosilver had a small modernization with the past changes.

Senky wrote:What is the status of HTML5 input types for form fields (does not Vinny need help?)
I'm waiting for [RFC] Allow Integration With Main Web Site to be merged to begin the PR.

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by Senky » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:39 am

Unknown Bliss wrote:...With regards to the Error Class, I think thats something for 3.2, not 3.1 unless someone wants to work on it and finish it before 3.1 hits alpha.
I believe everyone wants to see 3.1 out ASAP, so it should be rather kept for 3.2 :)
Vinny wrote:...prosilver had a small modernization with the past changes.
Ok then.
Vinny wrote:I'm waiting for [RFC] Allow Integration With Main Web Site to be merged to begin the PR.
So no discussion needed, am I right?

User avatar
imkingdavid
Registered User
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by imkingdavid » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:57 pm

I have removed today (Monday, 6 August) from the poll because so far only 3 people have voted. I doubt tomorrow will be a likely meeting day either.

If we're not going to get participation, perhaps weekly is too often. At the next meeting I think we should discuss how often to have these meetings.

I will look at the requested agenda items and add them to the list, although I'm hesitant to add so many from one person because we have a cap of 6 and we want to be able to include multiple peoples' requests.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

User avatar
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by nickvergessen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm

I can not guarantee a meeting attendance this week
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Oleg
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by Oleg » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 am

As search backend refactoring is nearing completion, it would be nice if everyone could evaluate whether all goals have either been reached or are in progress (open PRs/tickets) and if any goals are not started that should be brought up.

User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by MichaelC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am

As there isn't much to discuss this week and only 4 names are in the poll, perhaps we should skip this week and have one in the next week?

Then in the meeting next week we can discuss the strategy for when to have these meetings.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

User avatar
imkingdavid
Registered User
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Development IRC Meeting #3 Week Aug 6-12, 2012

Post by imkingdavid » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:48 pm

I agree that this week might not be realistic given the lack of participation on the poll and the lack of availability of those who have participated

So I think we should hold off on a meeting this week. I will create a new doodle and we can continue to use this topic but I'll change the dates in the title.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Post Reply