RFC Process Change Suggestion

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by MichaelC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:42 pm

wGEric wrote:I would like to suggest that you allow people to post RFCs in the 3.1 forum. Then whatever RFC isn't implemented by the time 3.1 is released then it should be moved to the 3.2 forum. Or even have only one RFC forum so that all RFCs are being discussed as if they are going to be implemented in the next major release.

People are posting in 3.2 but their real target is 3.1 which is confusing.
+1.

Or maybe even have
- 3.x
-- 3.x Discussion
-- 3.x RFC's
--- 3.x Rejected RFC's
--- 3.x Hook RFC's
- 3.1
-- 3.1 Discussion
-- 3.1 Accepted RFC's
--- 3.1 Accepted Hook RFC's
- 3.2
-- 3.2 Discussion
-- 3.2 Accepted RFC's
Rest as previously

Then with topic icons in the 3.x RFC forum allow users to select whether it would be for 3.2 or 3.1 (should they wish, not required) if there is a reason why it should not be in 3.1
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

User avatar
Pony99CA
Registered User
Posts: 986
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:35 am
Location: Hollister, CA
Contact:

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by Pony99CA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm

wGEric wrote:Or even have only one RFC forum[....]
Yes, but that forum should be on phpBB.com for the reasons stated in my first post (at least until the RFC is accepted).

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

User avatar
imkingdavid
Registered User
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by imkingdavid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Pony99CA wrote:
wGEric wrote:Or even have only one RFC forum[....]
Yes, but that forum should be on phpBB.com for the reasons stated in my first post (at least until the RFC is accepted).

Steve
I agree with having one forum (well, one for 3.x and one for 4.x) and I suppose if we were to consolidate the rfc forums, it would be okay to move it to .com. However, there's the issue of transferring the existing topics.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by MichaelC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:41 pm

imkingdavid wrote:
Pony99CA wrote:
wGEric wrote:Or even have only one RFC forum[....]
Yes, but that forum should be on phpBB.com for the reasons stated in my first post (at least until the RFC is accepted).

Steve
I agree with having one forum (well, one for 3.x and one for 4.x) and I suppose if we were to consolidate the rfc forums, it would be okay to move it to .com. However, there's the issue of transferring the existing topics.
Wouldn't have thought it would be that hard? Especially considering the people (or I'm guessing more likely Meik) know the phpBB code (probably) better than anyone else.

Re Ideastrike: Shame. Judging by the week end report here and the demo it would have been nice. Unless its hosted off-site?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

wGEric
Registered User
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:07 am
Contact:

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by wGEric » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Here is another Q&A/voting system written in PHP and released under GPL v2: http://question2answer.org WebPlatform.org uses it. Looks like you can vote on questions and answers underneath it. There are tags so you could categorize items.

Here is a list of Stack Exchange clones: http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions ... low-clones
Eric

User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team
Posts: 889
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by MichaelC » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

We have a working ideas centre internally which is just being integrated with phpBB.com, one that's done it will be made public.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:29 pm
Contact:

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by keith10456 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 am

Unknown Bliss wrote:We have a working ideas centre internally which is just being integrated with phpBB.com, one that's done it will be made public.
I look forward to it :D

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:29 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 pm

We implemented "Ideas" on phpBB.com for that. Having to have yet another separate login was something we wanted to avoid so we really don't need that anymore. Of course the Ideas area is currently under maintenance/unavailable but it's there.
Image

Post Reply