[RFC] Combine Related functionality (UI Cleanup)

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: Combine Related functionality (UI Cleanup)

Post by hanakin »

subforums won't work as the icon is already being used as a link to the first unread topic
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

hanakin wrote:
mrgtb wrote:What about mobile viewing though... if you put that long list of horizontal links back on homepage. It doesn't suit ProSilver anymore having the links like that, not now it's a responsive theme that will be viewed in much smaller devices.
it would not need to be their in mobile as its only their to provide a transition to using the quick-links menu anyway
I agree. When the screen size gets "too small", the links would only be available in the Quick Links menu. However, on the desktop, they can be in both places.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

hanakin wrote:subforums won't work as the icon is already being used as a link to the first unread topic
We could get rid of the current behaviour? Does anyone ever click on those icons? :|
Pony99CA wrote: I agree. When the screen size gets "too small", the links would only be available in the Quick Links menu. However, on the desktop, they can be in both places.
I'm against it because two of those links appear for guests and currently in guest view the header looks very clean.

Pico88

Post by Pico88 »

Louis7777 wrote:
hanakin wrote:subforums won't work as the icon is already being used as a link to the first unread topic
We could get rid of the current behaviour? Does anyone ever click on those icons? :|
I used them on mobile and probably others use them too.

DarkBeing

Post by DarkBeing »

Pico88 wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:
This! I would hate to have to fiddle around to hit the tiny icon instead to get to the first unread post if this behavior was changed. My fingers are to big for that and I'm not sure if my wife would still love me if I have to grow long fingernails :lol:

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

DarkBeing wrote:
Pico88 wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:
This! I would hate to have to fiddle around to hit the tiny icon instead to get to the first unread post if this behavior was changed. My fingers are to big for that and I'm not sure if my wife would still love me if I have to grow long fingernails :lol:
those links were never their on mobile outside of a menu so either way you would have to hit a hamburger icon
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

DarkBeing

Post by DarkBeing »

Sorry, confused icons here.

jidanni

Post by jidanni »

I was referred here from https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13021 .
Yes, please make all such controls right there on the same page, one way or the other.