[RFC] Combine Related functionality (UI Cleanup)

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Mess

Re: Combine all search related functionality

Post by Mess »

PayBas wrote:Wanted JS:

As you can see. The responsive breadcrumb JS kicks in before the responsive "data-responsive-text" on the ACP/MCP. I need to figure out the priorities.

p.s. Yes I know the icons are not 100% yet.
Sooo, awesome...
Love it. :D

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

I have another mock-up when i get home to refelct some suggestions as I think the BC nav might be a little crowded.

i also would not make the arrow the same as the other icons but rather the color of a link but flat, Possibly move the quicklink where faq and what not are and the ACP/MCP between pm and avatar.

I like the combination of members and team but again do not need to see it in the header makes more sense to move members in the footer.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

I agree about the dropdown icons and members could indeed be moved to the footer.

As for the quick-links. I kinda like the current location. But I'll wait for your mockup.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: Combine Related functionality (UI Cleanup)

Post by hanakin »

I changed the name of the topic to address the whole UI as we have broken the scope of the search field
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

PayBas wrote:Image
This!

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

As for events:
events.png
(37.91 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
p.s. Yes, I know. I moved "members" to the footer, right next to "team".

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

I think that we should have either team, members and faq in the footer or in the header, but in all cases they have to be together. (personally i prefer in the header)
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Nicofuma wrote:I think that we should have either team, members and faq in the footer or in the header, but in all cases they have to be together. (personally i prefer in the header)
FAQ should definitely be in the header. But I thought that by moving "members" and "team" together to the footer, it frees up some space. This top-left location is prime real-estate, and many extensions will want to use it for custom pages.

I think it is safe to assume that these extensions will be much more heavily used than the members list.

p.s. We could even put "members" and "team" in the quick-links (with a separator of course to create some space with the predefined search links) as well as the footer.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

I think leaving Members in the header and The Team in the footer is functionally better. Users are much more likely to search for a member (I do this a lot, but I may be the oddball?) than find out who team members are (since team members already have color/rank).

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

tmbackoff wrote:
PayBas wrote:Image
This!
I like it as well but without "The Team" being there. I think that should stay where it is now (footer) and without an icon next to it. I think "Members" could stay where it is now.
tmbackoff wrote:(I do this a lot, but I may be the oddball?)
Probably something to do with you being a Moderator here and on .com.