[RFC] Add user warning indication to viewtopic posts

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Pony99CA

Re: [RFC] Add user warning indication to viewtopic posts

Post by Pony99CA »

VSE+ wrote:The only problem I see with this, is that it does not indicate what it actually means. It's just some red with an exclamation mark. It should really indicate what it means at first glance, to the casual viewer.
Could you add Alt text so that hovering over the image displays the text?

I doubt that many casual viewers know what the "Report this post" icon is for without hovering. ;)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

I'd prefer the version from tmbackoff
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

We could do both. Add a class to the post container (without any styling included for proSilver), and add the line to the mini-profile.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I'm not against the idea, but I personally wouldn't like something that takes up more space :/ We should try to keep the theme clean, especially now that it's responsive.

Since this is only for moderators and admins to see I don't think that we require anything explanatory (they are supposed to be advanced users), such as a whole new line at the mini-profile or a space for a new icon.

Can't we do anything with the space that we are already using? Perhaps we could add a warning graphic on top of the avatar, like a watermark... although that requires an avatar to be in place... or we could add some warning box at the top of the post's content (it takes up space but at least it's part of the post)...

Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

PayBas wrote:
Untitled-1.png
I realy like this idea! Its eye catchy and when i open that pos that was first thing that i see :D . So i prefere that, and may be + @tmbackoff version of this too :)

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

PayBas wrote:We could do both. Add a class to the post container (without any styling included for proSilver), and add the line to the mini-profile.
I agree with this. It is best to give style authors the ability to use the class even if it is not used in the core style.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Darkness_demoN

Post by Darkness_demoN »

is this feature added to a RC1 version ?
Edit:
Ok i see that feature is in the RC1. Am also i see that only admin can see warning count. Is it there a option normal users to see also that warning count ? And how can i add that red warning ?

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

Darkness_demoN wrote:Is it there a option normal users to see also that warning count ?
In /viewtopic.php, change 'POSTER_WARNINGS' => $auth->acl_get('m_warn') ? $user_cache[$poster_id]['warnings'] : '', to 'POSTER_WARNINGS' => $user_cache[$poster_id]['warnings'],.