[RFC] Add user warning indication to viewtopic posts

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
tbackoff

Re: [RFC] Add user warning indication to viewtopic posts

Post by tbackoff »

What about something like this? The warnings would like to the MCP page that shows the warnings.
warnings.png
warnings.png (31.95 KiB) Viewed 22854 times

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

VSE+ wrote:The only problem I see with this, is that it does not indicate what it actually means. It's just some red with an exclamation mark. It should really indicate what it means at first glance, to the casual viewer.

It' could be harder to implement, but something like this could also work, and is more user-informative:
warned.png
Yours looks nice, but I don't believe there are "casual viewers". This will only he visible to moderators, so I don't think we absolutely have to be explicit. They will understand soon enough.
tmbackoff wrote:What about something like this? The warnings would like to the MCP page that shows the warnings.
The icon/image could link to the MCP either way. It doesn't need to be a text link in order to be clickable. Personally I would prefer something eye catching, because warnings are pretty rare for me.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

PayBas wrote:This will only he visible to moderators, so I don't think we absolutely have to be explicit. They will understand soon enough.
Didn't realize this was moderators/admins only.
PayBas wrote:Personally I would prefer something eye catching, because warnings are pretty rare for me.
tmbackoff's version could be made eye-catching by making the number of warning bright red.
Has an irascible disposition.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

VSE+ wrote:tmbackoff's version could be made eye-catching by making the number of warning bright red.
Updated concept
warnings.png
warnings.png (30.93 KiB) Viewed 22807 times

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

VSE+ wrote:
PayBas wrote:This will only he visible to moderators, so I don't think we absolutely have to be explicit. They will understand soon enough.
Didn't realize this was moderators/admins only.
Having it show for all users would be a serious change in default functionality. I would think that it's best to only show user warnings to those that have the ability to do something about it. (i.e. moderators/admins).

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

How do all these concepts work for the small screens in the responsive theme?

Also, the online icon might completely change as it was decided to change all the buttons/icons that contain language variables from images to css-generated buttons/icons.

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Louis7777 wrote:How do all these concepts work for the small screens in the responsive theme?

Also, the online icon might completely change as it was decided to change all the buttons/icons that contain language variables from images to css-generated buttons/icons.
My initial screenshot was just a mockup of what we could do. Please don't take any of these images to represent a core thingy.

All I was suggesting is that we use the functionality that is already in place, and output it to the template, so style authors that use prosilver inheritance can do whatever they want with it.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

PS: For the record, I don't really have any warnings ;)
Has an irascible disposition.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

VSE+ wrote:PS: For the record, I don't really have any warnings ;)
I can "fix" that. :mrgreen:

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

So can I :D