[RFC|Merged] notification box

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Danielx64

[RFC|Merged] notification box

Post by Danielx64 »

Feature:

A box for all the notification that a user may get.

Why?

Well if phpBB going have @user tagging, we can't have PM going into people's inbox otherwise they will fill up. Not only that if we are going to have other features where there will be some sort of notification, we would need somewhere to put then.

How?

I was thinking something like how IP.Board does, all the post likes, new status and such get put into a notification box.
Last edited by callumacrae on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

brunoais

Re: notification box

Post by brunoais »

I like the idea. Anyway, I didn't understand the way you stated you wanted to implement.
How do you want to implement that given the prosilver theme? I mean... where are those specific options going to be?

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Re: [RFC] notification box

Post by callumacrae »

I added [RFC] to your title.

+1!
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

I think it would be nice to make this into a sort of notifications center. It would notify you of subscriptions (if you prefer rather than via email) etc.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Unknown Bliss wrote:I think it would be nice to make this into a sort of notifications center. It would notify you of subscriptions (if you prefer rather than via email) etc.
We could take that a step further and determine if one is on the forum and either use the notification box or send the email.

jsebean

Post by jsebean »

DavidIQ wrote:
Unknown Bliss wrote:I think it would be nice to make this into a sort of notifications center. It would notify you of subscriptions (if you prefer rather than via email) etc.
We could take that a step further and determine if one is on the forum and either use the notification box or send the email.
+1 to this and the notifications system.
-Jonah

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

DavidIQ wrote:
IMO it would be easier to just to let them toggle notification emails and get a board notification either way. That's how facebook does it and it works fine.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

imkingdavid wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
IMO it would be easier to just to let them toggle notification emails and get a board notification either way. That's how facebook does it and it works fine.
That would be a better way of doing it.

When I get back to that forum that has IP.Board 3.2.2 I will try and remember to get some screenshots showing how they do it. I mean we could do it a little different but it just an idea.

_hsr

Post by _hsr »

This would make life a lot easier :mrgreen:, and also help in implementing this: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=42761
There is a text here !

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

Ok, this is how IP.Board does it, and the setting page, give you so much control over what you want :)
Untitled1.png
(242.18 KiB) Downloaded 6860 times
Untitled.png
(195.51 KiB) Downloaded 6860 times