[RFC] Multiple file uploads

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Fyorl
Google Summer of Code Student

Re: [RFC] Multiple file uploads

Post by Fyorl »

I've currently written code to have the client use alert() when the server responds with an error in the middle of uploading one of the files. This effectively pauses the uploads until the user clicks ok. Is this desired behaviour? I feel it might be preferable to have the icon next to the file indicate that there was a problem but let the upload continue (example attached). The problem with this method is that the error message is lost though I might be able to add some more code to have it appear in tooltip of the warning icon or something.
Attachments
plupload-error-example.png
plupload-error-example.png (3.71 KiB) Viewed 16754 times

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

I would prefer the icon solution. However the error message should be made available through a click on the icon. Having it as the tooltip would be useful as well, but I would rather add both than just one of these methods.

Fyorl

Post by Fyorl »

Sounds good to me.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

^
Me too.
I don't like relying on alert() or one of the other 3 internal js popups to stop some js code. The alert() is meant to alert the user, so it does make sense to alert if an upload goes wrong and then, if the user wants more info, just click the exclamation mark.

Fyorl

Post by Fyorl »

Plupload is fully integrated now as far as I can tell. Any feedback on additional features is welcome; the PR can be found here: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/833

Once any new features are added I'll try to write some tests and then move on to the 'download all files in this post' and 'download all files in this topic' features.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

I know I asked this else where, is there away to get this going on phpbb 3.0 or not?

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

This will not be added to 3.0. Whether or not someone wants to make a MOD like this, I don't know.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

Thats a shame, other question, can dyou download a diff file from git? or not?

Fyorl

Post by Fyorl »

*Daniel wrote:Thats a shame, other question, can dyou download a diff file from git? or not?
You should be able to use git to pull anyone's branch into your local repo.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

If you want a patch or diff for a given pull request just add .patch or .diff to the PR no. in the url, e.g. https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/877.patch