[RFC|Merged] Extension Admin

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Pony99CA

Re: [RFC|Merged] Extension Admin

Post by Pony99CA »

Unknown Bliss wrote:Extension IDs - These are essentially pointless as we already require a unique extension name. And we need to suport extensions that are no inside the Customisation DB.
I forgot about extensions ouside of the CDB. However, if Extension IDs are more or less pointless, why have them? :?

However, as I mentioned, you could make them useful for dependency tracking. Of course, you'd have to require every extension to get an ID from phpBB and the IDs would have to be always increasing (so they couldn't be something like VEND123 where they were composed of a vendor name abbreviation and a count within that vendor).

Just a thought.... :)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

We don't have Extension IDs, we just have unique extension names?

Dependencies and installing extensions directly from all titania installs from your phpBB install will be a 3.2 feature with the full introduction of composer. This won't happen for 3.1 though.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Unknown Bliss wrote:We don't have Extension IDs, we just have unique extension names?
Ah, I misunderstood what "essentially pointless" meant. i recall seeing an earlier post mentioning them, so I thought that you were telling they just weren't being used.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

When you get an error message, such as when trying to enable an extension that won't work, i.e.: "The selected extension is not available for this board, please verify your phpBB and PHP versions are allowed (see the details page).", the message is the green "Information" box. Shouldn't these be in a red "Warning" box instead?
Has an irascible disposition.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

VSE+ wrote:When you get an error message, such as when trying to enable an extension that won't work, i.e.: "The selected extension is not available for this board, please verify your phpBB and PHP versions are allowed (see the details page).", the message is the green "Information" box. Shouldn't these be in a red "Warning" box instead?
Please report it to the tracker as an improvement.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
VSE+ wrote:When you get an error message, such as when trying to enable an extension that won't work, i.e.: "The selected extension is not available for this board, please verify your phpBB and PHP versions are allowed (see the details page).", the message is the green "Information" box. Shouldn't these be in a red "Warning" box instead?
Please report it to the tracker as an improvement.
http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-11116
Has an irascible disposition.