In phpBB, when there's a report for a post made in the BB, phpBB only saves the postID in the database. If the post itself is changed, there's no way of knowing what was there before that caused the user to make the report.
- When a report is made for a post, make a copy of the post itself and join it with the report.
-The post that appears above "Return to the reports | View post | View topic | View forum" in the Report details page will have that text instead of the current text.
- Where the context of the post is available, it's possible to make a mark around the reported post (a red border, perhaps....) and show as it is now with the other current posts.
How to do it
When a report is made, among the rest of the data that is saved in the table, the body of the post is also saved in the report table row not just the id of the post.
- If the post is changed after the report, the moderators will be able to know what was there before and take action accordingly.
- If there's a need to keep record of the reason of all reports and that content should disappear from the public eye (copyright material, as an example) with this feature that is now possible.
- Of course, duplicate data means more space used for the same purpose, but it's for a good cause.
All set. Seems like the code is ready to be reviewed. Waiting for the answer
Merge is confirmed.