[RFC|Merged] Extensions

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
brunoais

Re: [RFC|Merged] Extensions

Post by brunoais »

You should change those names. Besides that, I agree with your proposal

igorw

Post by igorw »

Explain what you mean by keeping track of how many times an extension has been enabled. We have both migrations and the state column to keep track of state transitions.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

igorw wrote:Explain what you mean by keeping track of how many times an extension has been enabled. We have both migrations and the state column to keep track of state transitions.
In migrations, will it keep track of whether it has been installed previously and then purging would remove it?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

igorw

Post by igorw »

Nils should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this to be the case.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

After talking on IRC with naderman and igor:

There isn't an ext_id as it wouldn't really provide any benefits and name is required to be in the DB and unique anyway.

However, the name should be primary key so it is clear from looking at the schema which column is used for lookups.
So seeing as there isn't a problem with having strings as a primary key, it should be the primary key.
Last edited by MichaelC on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

You mean the name of the extension? How are you going to ensure it's unique? Maybe an additional identifier should be used like the permalink.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

DavidIQ wrote:You mean the name of the extension? How are you going to ensure it's unique? Maybe an additional identifier should be used like the permalink.
Yes, the clean name of the extension that is in the directory and manifest (Human Name is also in the Manifest).
The unique constraint and the primary key would make it so it has to be unique too.
Permalink to what? Why would it need a permalink as the link is always the extension directory followed by the extension name...

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:You mean the name of the extension? How are you going to ensure it's unique? Maybe an additional identifier should be used like the permalink.
Yes, the clean name of the extension that is in the directory and manifest (Human Name is also in the Manifest).
The unique constraint and the primary key would make it so it has to be unique too.
Permalink to what? Why would it need a permalink as the link is always the extension directory followed by the extension name...
I'm talking about where the extension repo will be at. You need to think about the correlation between what's installed and what is available for installation in the repo, wherever it may be.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Hash!
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

callumacrae wrote:
Hash!
DB UNIQUE constraint.