[RFC] Contact Page

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
M.Gaetan89

Re: [RFC] Contact Page

Post by M.Gaetan89 »

@Louis7777, yes 3 and 4 ;)

Ger

Post by Ger »

Nice work and totally agree with Marshalrusty about the current form and extensions.
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

Louis7777

Contact Page - a couple of changes?

Post by Louis7777 »

1. When viewing the contact page as a guest, "Your email address" field should be below the "Your name" field, as that's how it usually is.
  2. It'd be better if we could only resize the message box vertically or at least give it a proportional max-width.

keith10456

Re: Contact Page - a couple of changes?

Post by keith10456 »

Louis7777 wrote:
  1. When viewing the contact page as a guest, "Your email address" field should be below the "Your name" field, as that's how it usually is.
I see your point but an argument could be made that the email address is actually more important than the name. I'm fine with it either way.

However, is there an option in the ACP to enable captcha?

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

keith10456 wrote:However, is there an option in the ACP to enable captcha?
That's a good idea, but forget the option -- just always have CAPTCHA enabled for guests (if you're logged in, don't display the CAPTCHA unless, maybe, you're in the Newly Registered Users group).

However, the Contact page should indicate which fields are required. I presume that the E-mail address and name fields are required, but I don't know.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Pony99CA wrote:
keith10456 wrote:However, is there an option in the ACP to enable captcha?
That's a good idea, but forget the option -- just always have CAPTCHA enabled for guests (if you're logged in, don't display the CAPTCHA unless, maybe, you're in the Newly Registered Users group).

However, the Contact page should indicate which fields are required. I presume that the E-mail address and name fields are required, but I don't know.

Steve
Correct - no CAPTCHA if logged-in... But it should be there for guests.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

nickvergessen wrote:
Meis2M wrote:Now I can see Contact page here in area51. It seems it's merged thanks. This system use captcha?
No, the page is linked on registration if the user is unable to solve the captcha.
@ Nick - I don't understand what you mean :|

I clicked the "Contact Us" page as a guest (as if I wanted to contact the website) and I was taken to the Form (it didn't have captcha). What does that have to do with registration?

Unless you're stating that the Contact Us page is only there when someone can't figure out the captcha during registration... But I don't think that's the case (Nor do I believe that's your reasoning).

M.Gaetan89

Post by M.Gaetan89 »

I think (but didn't check) that, on the registration page, you have a link to the contact page if you can not read/answer the captcha. So puting a captcha on the contact page might be a non-sense (in this case at least).

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

M.Gaetan89 wrote:I think (but didn't check) that, on the registration page, you have a link to the contact page if you can not read/answer the captcha. So puting a captcha on the contact page might be a non-sense (in this case at least).
I get that but we need captcha to help fight off spam. Quite a conundrum :?