[RFC|Merged] Rename MSNM to WLM

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
leviatan21

Re: [RFC|Accepted] Rename MSNM to WLM

Post by leviatan21 »

ToonArmy wrote:The prosilver shades look wrong, probably just my eyes and monitors.
Best way to test it is by changing the image in area51 :?
QA Team Member - I don't support by PM,
Customize forums, install Skins/Mods ! Sendme a PM | Don't forget to visit my other mods
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

Nelsaidi

Re: [RFC|Accepted] Rename MSNM to WLM

Post by Nelsaidi »

Or have it in a Beta/RC and see what peopl say about it, and change it based on feedback

tomer

Re: [RFC|Merged] Rename MSNM to WLM

Post by tomer »

Microsoft are obsoleting Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype. I'd suggest making these profile fields easier to change by the site admins, so we could place there more useful information such as user profile in some mainstream social network sites as well. Facebook profiles are more common nowdays than YIM accounts… ☺

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

I'm not sure how you found this old topic without finding the newer Modern profile fields in 3.1 topic that I believe covers what you want.

Maybe this topic should be locked....

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I do not think there is a need to lock merged RFCs, there could be some relevant issue to discuss in the topic.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

EXreaction wrote:I do not think there is a need to lock merged RFCs, there could be some relevant issue to discuss in the topic.
Like what? This is a pretty simple change that was done over two years ago. As noted, WLM support is being dropped for most of the world, but that is being discussed in the topic that I linked to. So what more could possibly need to be discussed here?

I wasn't suggesting locking all merged RFCs (I would hate that, too), just this one.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Deciding which topics should be locked and which should not is not perfectly clear cut. Yes, in this case, this topic could have been locked, but I would argue that it would be better to keep them all open rather than have the one who moved the topic lock them at their discretion. Bumping an old topic isn't too common of an issue otherwise I might be more in favor of doing something. :)

KnocksX

Post by KnocksX »

LOL so this was merged two and a half years ago and still hasn't made it into a current build? Maybe the guy was right to bump it.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

This is marked as merged, so yes it is in the package... Now stop discussing this...
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

KnocksX

Post by KnocksX »

Nick, you're missing the irony that it was "in the package" for 2.5 years, and now there is no more Windows Live Messenger, so it needs to come out of the package.