Inspired by: viewtopic.php?p=209196#p209196 I suggest to implement support for HTTP range requests (RFC 2616 Section 14.35) in download/file.php
- Faster downloads when a download of a big file has been interrupted.
- Faster downloads when a download via a slow connection has been interrupted.
- Sending parts of a file instead of the whole file decreases traffic.
- I wonder why we do not already support this as the implementation doesn't seem to be too complicated.
- Patch is minimally-invasive and could also go into 3.0.x.
Implementation / Patch
Work in progress is at http://github.com/bantu/phpbb3/compare/ ... icket/9627
Related ticket: http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-9627
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc ... l#sec14.35