phpBB 3.2.2-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.2.2-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights
  • To be filled
The packages can be downloaded from our package archive. Please test the packages to the full extent, so we can have a stable final release.
The phpBB Team

canonknipser

Re: phpBB 3.2.2-RC1 released

Post by canonknipser »

Just upgraded from 3.1.10 to 3.2.2-RC1 using the Auto-Updater - only the long list of files to be deleted from the old installation was a little annoying.
Didn't catch all files in the first run, so after uploading the archive with new and changed files and pressing "Check again" a new list appeared.
A little disturbing was that in the next step a empty archive of changed and new files was created - maybe those empty archives can be skipped because they may lead to irritations for non-experienced admins.

Edit:

small bug: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15489
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Notable changes
Minimum expected PHP version 5.4.7 - Due to changes in our dependencies, the minimum expected PHP version is now PHP 5.4.7. Versions PHP 5.4.0 to 5.4.6 should still work but might cause minor issues[/list]
Does the installer check if the PHP version is 5.4.7?
Or these minor issues are undocumented and could lead to getting a lot of support requests?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

From https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2452861. This is a blocker as it has the possibility of breaking extensions.
kinerity wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 am Posted this in the ticket but it's worth mentioning here.
Was finally able to track down the code that broke this. Line 2188 in /includes/functions.php - it's from this commit.

Code: Select all

$u_action = reapply_sid($phpbb_path_helper->get_valid_page($use_page, $config['enable_mod_rewrite']), $phpbb_path_helper->is_router_used());

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

3Di wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:38 am
Notable changes
Minimum expected PHP version 5.4.7 - Due to changes in our dependencies, the minimum expected PHP version is now PHP 5.4.7. Versions PHP 5.4.0 to 5.4.6 should still work but might cause minor issues[/list]
Does the installer check if the PHP version is 5.4.7?
Or these minor issues are undocumented and could lead to getting a lot of support requests?
The installer does not force the minimum version to 5.4.0. You can see this as a suggested version. 99,9 % of users should no longer be using versions between 5.4.0 and 5.4.6.
kinerity wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:28 am From https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2452861. This is a blocker as it has the possibility of breaking extensions.
kinerity wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 am Posted this in the ticket but it's worth mentioning here.
Was finally able to track down the code that broke this. Line 2188 in /includes/functions.php - it's from this commit.

Code: Select all

$u_action = reapply_sid($phpbb_path_helper->get_valid_page($use_page, $config['enable_mod_rewrite']), $phpbb_path_helper->is_router_used());
Which is why the fix was merged into the final release of 3.2.2. ;)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Well done, Marc. And the Teams/Contributors them all.

Nice to see the backport of the code for PHP7.2 in Rhea as well, helps on focusing onto 3.3.x now.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

johnths2

Post by johnths2 »

I have a problem with the latest release of phpbb 3.2.2.
I found a bug in the posting area.
When someone post a message with 2 or more images in the text of the post then when he post it and after that when he try to edit the post one image is gone.

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

long time reported and fixed, will be merged in next revision-> https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2453846 and https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15506
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB