Make the moderation queue more useful?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hbridge99

Make the moderation queue more useful?

Post by hbridge99 »

I have a large spam problem and now have a moderation queue full of posts to delete.

I see only five posts at a time waiting moderation. Why can't this list just scroll?

Any mods that can do this?

I can check spammers without thinking about it but the process of confirming the disapprove on anther page makes the process agonizing.
Is there any way to turn off the confirmation on the moderation queue and just have the disapprove button actuate the disapprove and load up more posts?

Any mods that can do this? I was going to look at ban hammer. Since only moderators are going be using these features and presumably know what they are doing - why is confirmation even a good idea on that page?

bonelifer
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Make the moderation queue more useful?

Post by bonelifer »

Sounds like you are describing the index of the MCP(ie the MAIN tab), need to click on the one right next to it called "Moderation queue":
mcp.png
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

hbridge99

Post by hbridge99 »

Yes thanks for that bonelifer. I did figure that out.
I've still got the spam which is incredibly tedious with all the confirmation clicks. Carpal tunnel will be the result from this rehabilitation. A lot of other forum software does a much better job with spam checking right out of the box, but so far I'm choosing to stay with the devil-I-know.

What would be really useful and fairly simple to implement I bet would be a either:

A button which just said "Disapprove and Ban" which would then ban by name, IP etc etc - hopefully with a control panel somewhere to set the settings - so that one could get away from the endless confirmation pages of phpbb. With the MCP moderation queue the page could just be refreshed with the topics or posts gone and maybe a javascript message about the users successfully banned.

Of three buttons - that would give admins a choice of either disapproving, or disapproving and banning.

bonelifer
Community Team
Community Team

Post by bonelifer »

I'd collect the user names for the spammers, then use the prune page, making sure to check under options, delete pruned users post and delete user.
mcp2.png
As for IP banning it pretty much pointless as most users can quickly obtain a new ip usually from their isp or using proxies. Also eventually you're IP ban page will have so many IP's banned that it will cause a white error due to memory exhaustion(ie not having enough room to load the IP's). At which point you won't be able to easily ban by IP.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

hbridge99 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:06 am I have a large spam problem and now have a moderation queue full of posts to delete.
Then you probably aren't using the correct CAPTCHA for registration or guest posting.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money