2 questions: new forum entries not showing up and phpbb native fulltext

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
_Sp00ky_

2 questions: new forum entries not showing up and phpbb native fulltext

Post by _Sp00ky_ »

Hi,

PHPBB noob here. Just setting up my first forum with this software and I've got a few issues. I'm running 3.2.0

I first added a category with four forums and they display fine but all added categories/forums after that are not displaying. I have set permissions to be the same as the first but it's still not showing. I'll keep playing around and reading up on it but I wanted to check here as well.

Edit: It looks like when I copy permissions from: it does not save my selection.

Second, whenever I go to the general tab of the ACP I get "warning, the selected search backend does not have a search index. Please create the index for "phpbb native fulltext" in the search index section. I go there and create the index. Shows green and says " successfully indexed all posts in the board database." When I go back to general tab the same red error is there.

JimA
Former Team Member

Re: 2 questions: new forum entries not showing up and phpbb native fulltext

Post by JimA »

Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

Could you please post your question on our general board over at http://phpbb.com/community ?

This is our development board where we discuss new improvements and features for phpBB. All support and the people that provide is on our main board, so you'll probably get a lot better and faster help over there.

Thanks!
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

_Sp00ky_

Re: 2 questions: new forum entries not showing up and phpbb native fulltext

Post by _Sp00ky_ »

Thanks, I'll do that. Not sure how I ended up here