"Test connection" button for installer

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
samwisesk8r

"Test connection" button for installer

Post by samwisesk8r »

I think it would be useful to have a "test connection" button at the database settings page during the installation.

PrestaShop (not a forum software I know) has such a button and it feels good to know that you can safely proceed to the next step.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: "Test connection" button for installer

Post by DavidIQ »

The installer already does this automatically before going to the next step.

TEPJunaid

Post by TEPJunaid »

samwisesk8r wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm I think it would be useful to have a "test connection" button at the database settings page during the installation.

PrestaShop (not a forum software I know) has such a button and it feels good to know that you can safely proceed to the next step.
that's nice Idea.. I'm agreed with you this will helpful as the precaution :)

david63

Post by david63 »

TEPJunaid wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am I'm agreed with you this will helpful as the precaution
DavidIQ wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm The installer already does this automatically before going to the next step.
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!