Can Ignore Maximum links per post

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.2/Rhea followed by 3.3.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.1. If you need support for phpBB 3.1 please visit the 3.1.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
BrokenCrust

Can Ignore Maximum links per post

Post by BrokenCrust » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:03 pm

I like to propose a small enhancement to the Maximum links per post feature by adding a new post permission to allow a user or group of users to submit posts with more than the normal maximum links per post. I'd also like this to be the default for Administrators.

In effect I'd like the Administrator (and perhaps Moderators) to submit and edit posts with any number of links but the normal community to be limited to a sensible number set in the Maximum links per post field.

Currently I have a few posts which are essentially a list of links to resources and every time I edit one of those I first have to set the Maximum links per post to 0 and then edit the post and set it back (hoping that no-one takes advantage of this while I am doing it). Posts like this seem a common feature of many boards as I think this sort of enhancement will be widely welcomed and used.
Last edited by BrokenCrust on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Can Ingore Maximum links per post

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Sounds reasonable and, in fact, something a client of mine brought up not too long ago. I'd say create a ticket in the tracker for it. I'm not sure that it will make it into 3.2 but 3.3 is definitely a possibility.

BrokenCrust

Re: Can Ignore Maximum links per post

Post by BrokenCrust » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Ticket Created. PHPBB3-14832