phpBB 3.1.10 RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
neufke

Re: phpBB 3.1.10 RC1 released

Post by neufke »

DavidIQ wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:28 pm There's issues with some extensions and the migrations that some of them have but,
David, last question, has this prob been narrowed down. I have searched but didn't find a topic with any list that had an extensive list of extensions (or did i miss something in my search?)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

There's not really an exhaustive list and the problem seems to only come up if you try to install or uninstall those extensions with the issue:
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14831

A cause or fix has not been identified yet.

neufke

Post by neufke »

Thank you David, if i find anything, i will, as always, give feedback.

Thanks!

neufke

Post by neufke »

Upgrade went well! No problems with migratuion times (@marc) but then again, there were no post migrations whatsoever so i guess that wouldn't be a problem now.

I had a few little minor "glitches" i had to fix manually....

Code: Select all

includes/acp_users.php
includes/functions_download.php
includes/mcp/mcp_main.php
Modifications had to be joined manuially?? I have never ever touched the core files before, so i just chose to download the new files.... but it was a strange choice...

search_ignore_words.php
search_synonyms.php
I am running a DUTCH board and i have to manually remove the english files mentioned above before i can go to the next step (update database) while running locally... so having ALL permissions, and that is "strange" too.

Update database

Database-type :: mysqli
Vorige versie :: 3.1.9
Installeren van schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\add_log_time_index.
Geïnstalleerde schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\add_log_time_index; Tijd: 30.45 secondes

Database-type :: mysqli
Vorige versie :: 3.1.9
Installeren van data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\add_log_time_index.
Geïnstalleerde data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\add_log_time_index; Tijd: 0.00 seconden
Installeren van schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110rc1.
Geïnstalleerde schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110rc1; Tijd: 0.00 secondes
Installeren van data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110rc1.
Geïnstalleerde data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110rc1; Tijd: 0.03 seconden
Installeren van schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110.
Geïnstalleerde schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110; Tijd: 0.00 secondes
Installeren van data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110.
Geïnstalleerde data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v3110; Tijd: 0.00 seconden
Het bijwerken van de database is voltooid!
Het bijwerken van de database is succesvol voltooid. Nu kan je verder gaan met de update.

Update is succesvol
Alles is nu bijgewerkt en je gebruikt de laatste phpBB-versie. Ga je nu aanmelden op je forum om te controleren of alles correct werkt. Vergeet niet om de installatie-map te verwijderen of te hernoemen. Stuur ons bijgewerkte informatie over je server en forumconfiguratie vanuit de Verstuur statistische informatie module in je beheerderspaneel.
add_log_time_index still needs 30.45 secs but i wonder if that needs 30.45 secs on the prod server. I am unsure what the best course of action is... i know the max execution time is < 30 secs on the prod server..... so i guess i will be somewhere along the line doing the downloading->upgrading->uploading process again.....